BREAKING: Trump administration blocks key witness from testifying in impeachment probe
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CNBC:
The Trump administration has ordered a top diplomat not to appear for a scheduled deposition with House committees conducting an impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump, a lawyer for the diplomat said Tuesday.
Gordon Sondland, the U.S. ambassador to the European Union, was directed early Tuesday morning by the State Department not to show up for a closed-door hearing before the House Intelligence, Oversight and Foreign Affairs committees, said Sondland’s counsel, Robert Luskin, in a statement to NBC News.
The article goes on to state the following:
Sondland’s text messages with other U.S. diplomats were released last week after they were given to those House panels by former U.S. special envoy to Ukraine Kurt Volker during his own deposition. In one exchange Sept. 9, Bill Taylor, a senior U.S. diplomat in Ukraine, told Sondland: “I think it’s crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign.”
Lawyer for Gordon Sondland, EU ambassador involved in Ukraine affair, says he was blocked from testifying early this morning by the State Department. He is “profoundly disappointed” after traveling from Brussels, lawyer says, and still wants to testify. pic.twitter.com/LOaOlwm7Jb
— Josh Dawsey (@jdawsey1) October 8, 2019
Ambassador Sondland is profoundly disappointed that he will not be able to testify today. Ambassador Sondland traveled to Washington from Brussels in order to prepare for his testimony and to be available to answer the Committee’s questions.” his lawyer writes in the statement
— Garrett Haake (@GarrettHaake) October 8, 2019
#BREAKING Gordon Sondland — the U.S. Ambassador to the EU — has been told by the Trump Administration to NOT testify at his scheduled House deposition today over the Ukraine political storm.
— Stephanie Myers (@_StephanieMyers) October 8, 2019
JUST IN – Ambassador to EU Gordon Sondland, scheduled to testify before Congress today, won’t. Says he was “directed” by @StateDept early this morning not to appear
— Josh Lederman (@JoshNBCNews) October 8, 2019
Trump administration blocks key witness from testifying in impeachment probe, lawyer says https://t.co/bZXKAieZ1d
— CNBC (@CNBC) October 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CNBC. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Poll reveals percentage of Dems who want candidates to discuss Hunter Biden
- DML: First Stop on TEAM DML National Tour announced
- Human waste map reveals major city is largest ‘s***hole’ in America
- REPORT: CNN responds to ‘rumor’ Trump tweeted about network’s Jeff Zucker
- HAPPENING NOW: Democratic candidates debate in Ohio
- VIDEO: ‘Cooper, Your Bias is Showing’: Debate Moderator Slammed For Biden Question
- REPORT: ‘Saturday Night Live’ sees big change in ratings
- BREAKING: Manafort partner describes funneling millions through Cyprus accounts
- VIDEO: Hunter Biden speaks out in exclusive interview, as past business associations come under scrutiny