BREAKING: White House coronavirus task force issues new advice for people who’ve left NYC [VIDEO]
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
The top response coordinator for the White House’s coronavirus task force, Dr. Deborah Birx, warned people who have been in the New York City metropolitan area to self-quarantine for the next two weeks if they’ve left town as the contagion continues to spread within the nation’s largest city.
Birx said on Tuesday that people living in New York City – arguably the epicenter of the COVID-19 pandemic in the United States with more than 13,000 confirmed cases in the city alone – should not isolate themselves from others if they have left the city for an area with less infections.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Everybody who was in New York should be self-quarantining for the next 14 days to ensure that the virus doesn’t spread to others,” Birx said.
According to Birx, 60 percent of the new cases in America can be traced to the New York metropolitan area.
Dr. Birx: “Everybody who was in New York should be self-quarantining for the next 14 days to ensure that the virus doesn’t spread to others, no matter where they have gone, whether it’s Florida, North Carolina or out to far reaches of Long Island.” pic.twitter.com/KdfaUvBcmC
— CSPAN (@cspan) March 24, 2020
Dr. Anthony Fauci, an American immunologist who serves as director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said that New York has a very serious situation.
“Understandably, people want to get out of New York,” Fauci said. “If you look at the statistics, it’s disturbing. About 1 per thousand of these individuals are infected. That’s about eight-to-ten-times more than in other areas.”
Dr. Fauci said it is very important for people leaving New York to pay attention to any symptoms they may have and to self-isolate.
HAPPENING NOW: Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx urge people leaving New York to self-isolate for 2 weeks pic.twitter.com/CzxoGKNVJz
— Norah O’Donnell🇺🇸 (@NorahODonnell) March 24, 2020
— CBS News (@CBSNews) March 24, 2020
Let us know so that we can SHARE YOUR OPINION!https://t.co/dPccqY9Kvu
— DMLNewsApp (@DMLNewsApp) March 24, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Trump makes announcement on possible coronavirus quarantines in 3 states
- REPORT: Legendary country singer/songwriter in critical condition
- VIDEO: Dr. Fauci estimates when social distancing guidelines can be lifted
- REPORT: New York nurse shares chilling photo of coronavirus victims to show ‘the ghastly reality’
- BREAKING: China makes admission about coronavirus whistleblower doctor punished by police, who died from the virus
- REPORT: Major retailer to close all stores in the US to limit coronavirus spread
- VIDEO: 1st person arrested for violating NY’s COVID-19 executive order
- VIDEO: Mnuchin says when checks from coronavirus bill will be coming
- About (ratings)
- REPORT: NY hospitals treating coronavirus patients with VITAMIN after promising results