EXCLUSIVE: Former RNC Chair takes a mean swipe at President Trump
Former RNC Chairman and former Lt. Governor of Maryland Michael Steele fired back at President Trump on Twitter Thursday evening in a major slam.
President Trump had tweeted late Wednesday night, “Years ago, when Media was legitimate, people known as “Fact Checkers” would always call to check and see if a story was accurate. Nowadays they don’t use “Fact Checkers” anymore, they just write whatever they want!”
Trump was blasting the Washington Post over a story they published which claimed that Trump had asked Attorney General William Barr to hold a news conference about his call with the president of Ukraine, and Barr had refused. The president said the story is a complete hoax.
Steele, who is currently a political analyst for MSNBC, responded to Trump’s tweet with a slam.
He wrote, “Years ago, when the dignity and authority of the presidency meant something, people known as “president” would always conduct themselves mindful of the constitution and their duty to the nation. Nowadays the president doesn’t do that anymore, he just does whatever he wants!!”
Years ago, when the dignity and authority of the presidency meant something, people known as “president” would always conduct themselves mindful of the constitution and their duty to the nation. Nowadays the president doesn’t do that anymore, he just does whatever he wants!! https://t.co/SD1OR93Y5d
— Michael Steele (@MichaelSteele) November 8, 2019
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: NFL releases statement on Kaepernick after workout stunt
- BREAKING: Supreme Court Chief Justice announces Ginsburg is ill
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham says he’s “confident” the whistleblower is from the “deep state.”
- VIDEO: ‘Crying like a little child’: Don Trump Jr. rips whistleblower over Clinton loss
- REPORT: Another traveling family attacked by cartel in northern Mexico, one dead
- VIDEO: Democrat against impeachment calls out party for ‘fracturing the nation’ with investigation
- VIDEO: Fox host hits MSNBC for impeachment coverage with George Conway
- REPORT: Michigan county seized retiree’s home over $8 debt – now he’s fighting back
- VIDEO: Former police officer fires back at Joy Behar for suggesting politicians keep gun confiscation a ‘secret’
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts