JUST IN: Bevin refuses to concede as Kentucky gubernatorial race goes down to the wire [VIDEO]
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
Republican incumbent Gov. Matt Bevin refused to concede late Tuesday in Kentucky’s gubernatorial race, citing “irregularities” — potentially kickstarting weeks of uncertainty and legal battles as the closely-watched contest with national implications remains too close to call.
With 100 percent of precincts reporting, Bevin was behind Democratic Attorney General Andy Beshear, 49.2 percent (711,955 votes) to 48.9 percent (707,297 votes). Libertarian candidate John Hicks received 28,475 votes, or 2.0 percent.
The article goes on to state the following:
The Associated Press said it could not declare a winner. Kentucky law provides for three levels of post-election procedures: a recanvass, a recount, and an election contest.
Meanwhile, Beshear declared victory and gave a speech. See below:
The Kentucky governor’s race is too close to call. GOP Gov. Matt Bevin, supported by President Trump, is fighting for his political life against a Democratic challenger, Attorney General Andy Beshear. Follow our full election coverage. https://t.co/NCrHWztFfw
— The Associated Press (@AP) November 6, 2019
Matt Bevin refuses to concede — and plans to ask a judge for a recount in Kentucky: Politico reporterhttps://t.co/F8VQOWtOmM
— Raw Story (@RawStory) November 6, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: NFL releases statement on Kaepernick after workout stunt
- BREAKING: Supreme Court Chief Justice announces Ginsburg is ill
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham says he’s “confident” the whistleblower is from the “deep state.”
- VIDEO: ‘Crying like a little child’: Don Trump Jr. rips whistleblower over Clinton loss
- REPORT: Another traveling family attacked by cartel in northern Mexico, one dead
- VIDEO: Democrat against impeachment calls out party for ‘fracturing the nation’ with investigation
- VIDEO: Fox host hits MSNBC for impeachment coverage with George Conway
- REPORT: Michigan county seized retiree’s home over $8 debt – now he’s fighting back
- VIDEO: Former police officer fires back at Joy Behar for suggesting politicians keep gun confiscation a ‘secret’
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts