JUST IN: MSNBC in talks with former Fox host, considers bumping Chuck Todd, sources claim
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
MSNBC is reportedly considering moving Chuck Todd to a morning time slot and bringing former longtime Fox News host Shepard Smith on board for a prime-time slot.
According to a report from the Daily Beast, several sources at NBC claimed the company is looking to acquire Smith, who left Fox News in October. The sources noted that the network would like to move Chuck Todd’s MTP Daily to a morning time slot and fill the 5 p.m. EST hour with an anchor who can drive higher ratings before the 2020 election is in full swing.
The article goes on to state the following:
The report claimed Smith met with MSNBC President Phil Griffin to discuss potential roles within the network after his noncompete agreement with Fox News expires, though no final decisions have been made. An NBC source also claimed that CNN is looking to hire Smith but that his contract could be a very expensive acquisition.
Smith would get a prime-time show if he joined MSNBC.
BREAKING: A major shakeup could happen at MSNBC with Chuck Todd’s show moving to a morning slot. Execs are also talking with Fox News escapee Shepard Smith https://t.co/BKrbWQtC2S
— The Daily Beast (@thedailybeast) January 14, 2020
MSNBC Reportedly Talking to Former Fox News Anchor Shepard Smith https://t.co/rHb5OuXqkQ
— Mediaite (@Mediaite) January 14, 2020
— S.E. Cupp (@secupp) January 14, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘Blood Drained From Adam Schiff’s Face’: John Barrasso Says Schiff’s ‘Parody’ Backfired
- REPORT: News outlet blasted by police for breaking news of Kobe Bryant’s death before family could be notified
- REPORT: Another country offers to pick up Harry and Meghan’s massive security bill
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham makes pledge about Bidens: ‘And that does not make me a Russian agent’
- VIDEO: Chris Wallace confronts Dershowitz over impeachment
- VIDEO: Tucker Carlson: Adam Schiff is turning into a Tom Clancy character
- VIDEO: “God help me, I did it.” Megyn Kelly reveals she complied with demeaning request by Roger Ailes
- VIDEO: Schiff not trusted: Democrats aren’t getting intelligence because of ‘crooked, corrupt’ lawmakers: Trump
- REPORT: Collins releases statement about calling witnesses for impeachment trial
- REPORT: ‘Stunned’ Sen. Collins objected to Nadler’s impeachment accusation in note to Roberts