JUST IN: Senator gives ‘optimistic update’ on coronavirus stimulus deal
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Senate Democratic Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) and Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin are on the cusp of a deal for a massive coronavirus stimulus package after settling disagreements over relief for the airline industry, beefed-up unemployment benefits and money for hospitals.
Democratic senators participated in a briefing call Monday night on the latest developments in the negotiations and a vote is expected as soon as Tuesday.
The article goes on to state the following:
Schumer provided an optimistic update on the Senate floor after his fourth meeting of the day with Mnuchin, which ended shortly before 9 p.m.
“Secretary Mnuchin just left my office,” Schumer said. “We have had some very good discussions, and in fact the list of outstanding issues has narrowed significantly.”
“As he left Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer’s office after 40 minutes, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said: ‘We are really cutting down the list of issues, we hope to get this done today,’ ” Manu Raju, a Senior Congressional Correspondent with CNN, reported via Twitter. “Mnuchin and WH aide Eric Ueland then went into Mitch McConnell’s office.”
Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said on the floor that “the list of outstanding issues has narrowed significantly.. We are going to work well into the night.” Mnuchin just left his office
— Manu Raju (@mkraju) March 24, 2020
As he left Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer’s office after 40 minutes, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said: “We are really cutting down the list of issues, we hope to get this done today.”
Mnuchin and WH aide Eric Ueland then went into Mitch McConnell’s office
— Manu Raju (@mkraju) March 23, 2020
— DMLNewsApp (@DMLNewsApp) March 23, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Trump makes announcement on possible coronavirus quarantines in 3 states
- REPORT: Legendary country singer/songwriter in critical condition
- VIDEO: Dr. Fauci estimates when social distancing guidelines can be lifted
- REPORT: New York nurse shares chilling photo of coronavirus victims to show ‘the ghastly reality’
- BREAKING: China makes admission about coronavirus whistleblower doctor punished by police, who died from the virus
- REPORT: Major retailer to close all stores in the US to limit coronavirus spread
- VIDEO: 1st person arrested for violating NY’s COVID-19 executive order
- VIDEO: Mnuchin says when checks from coronavirus bill will be coming
- About (ratings)
- REPORT: NY hospitals treating coronavirus patients with VITAMIN after promising results