OpEd: Jussie Smollett and state attorney who dropped his charges are in big trouble
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following opinion editorial written by Eddie Scarry and published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
This day was inevitable, and now, it’s here: Middling actor Jussie Smollett has been charged again with multiple counts of disorderly conduct as it pertains to having allegedly faked a hate crime last year.
But the story gets better. The Cook County state attorney, Kim Foxx, who dropped the initial charges against Smollett, looks like she might be just as screwed as Smollett.
The article goes on to state the following:
Dan Webb, the special prosecutor appointed in August 2019 to look into the complete miscarriage of justice that apparently took place here, said in a statement Tuesday that Smollett will face new charges and that he’s continuing to look into how Foxx handled the case.
Scarry noted that Webb’s statement said Smollett “planned and participated in a staged hate crime attack, and thereafter made numerous false statements to Chicago Police Department officers on multiple occasions, reporting a heinous hate crime that he, in fact, knew had not occurred.”
Foxx hasn’t actually been accused of a crime, Scarry wrote, but Webb said her office couldn’t provide any information to justify her decision to drop the charges against Smollett, despite the Chicago police believing they had an ironclad case against the actor.
Smollett was only asked to do a few hours of community service and forfeit his $10,000 bond. He is now facing a six-count indictment and is scheduled to appear in court on Feb. 24.
“This is really, really not good for Jussie Smollett. It’s not any better for Kim Foxx,” Scarry wrote.
— Eddie Scarry (@eScarry) February 12, 2020
This is really, really not good for @JussieSmollett.
It’s not any better for @KimFoxxforSA.
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) February 12, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Another royal break. This time it’s Prince William and Kate Middleton, but its not an exit
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- VIDEO: CNN Anchor Tells Nancy Pelosi That Trump Was Acquitted — She Interrupts, Claims He Wasn’t
- VIDEO: Students Who Tried To Kick Out White People ‘Thought They Were Gonna Be Hailed As Heroes’
- REPORT: Barack Obama’s childhood home hits the market
- REPORT Here’s what Al Sharpton still owes for failed 2004 presidential race
- REPORT: Border Patrol posts multiple reports of truck loads of illegal aliens smuggled into US [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton finally responds to backlash over Sanders remark: ‘I thought…’
- VIDEO: ‘F—ing Traitor’: Sen. Collins Releases Abusive Voicemails Ahead of Impeachment Vote
- REPORT: CBP Officers Seize HUGE Liquid Meth Load [PHOTOS]