OpEd: There’s no Democratic base to boost Bloomberg — if he runs
Michael Bloomberg might be running for president in the Democratic Party. That should be exciting for … well, it’s hard to say.
As first reported by the New York Times’ Alexander Burns, Bloomberg sent staffers to Alabama, which has a Friday deadline for candidates to enter the 2020 race and begin the process of qualifying for the ballot.
The article goes on to state the following:
If Bloomberg decides to actually run (he may just be buying time before making a decision later), it’s hard to see who will be climbing aboard the Bloomberg train.
Russell lists possible supporters as “New York City liberals,” noting that Mayor Bill de Blasio couldn’t get far with them as supporters; “gun control fanatics” who Beto O’Rourke pandered to before he “promptly dropped out” of the race; and “identity politics-obsessed liberals” which is already covered by former Vice President Joe Biden.
Read more at WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM.
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: NFL releases statement on Kaepernick after workout stunt
- BREAKING: Supreme Court Chief Justice announces Ginsburg is ill
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham says he’s “confident” the whistleblower is from the “deep state.”
- VIDEO: ‘Crying like a little child’: Don Trump Jr. rips whistleblower over Clinton loss
- REPORT: Another traveling family attacked by cartel in northern Mexico, one dead
- VIDEO: Democrat against impeachment calls out party for ‘fracturing the nation’ with investigation
- VIDEO: Fox host hits MSNBC for impeachment coverage with George Conway
- REPORT: Michigan county seized retiree’s home over $8 debt – now he’s fighting back
- VIDEO: Former police officer fires back at Joy Behar for suggesting politicians keep gun confiscation a ‘secret’
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts