OpEd: ‘Washington Post’ columnist calls for media to do THIS; China propagandist agrees
Washington Post columnist and former New York Times public editor Margaret Sullivan is calling on the news media to boycott President Trump’s COVID-19 White House press briefings, claiming the chief executive’s penchant for falsehood and hyperbole pose a serious public risk.
From the Post piece:
“More and more each day. President Trump is using his daily briefings as a substitute for the campaign rallies that have been forced into extinction by the spread of the novel coronavirus.
These White House sessions — ostensibly meant to give the public critical and truthful information about this frightening crisis — are in fact working against that end.
Rather, they have become a daily stage for Trump to play his greatest hits to captive audience members. They come in search of life-or-death information, but here’s what they get from him instead:
● Exaggeration and outright lies.
The Washington Examiner opinion piece goes on to state the following:
Readers are left to wonder why Trump would engage in “media bashing.” Sullivan does not mention how many times reporters have used the briefings to ask the president whether it is racist to refer to the virus’s country of origin. And speaking of wastes of time, Sullivan also neglects to mention the moment that PBS’s Yamiche Alcindor took the president down a rabbit hole during one of his COVID-19 press briefings when she asked him to respond to allegations that an anonymous (of course) White House aide used the term “Kung flu.”
It must have been an oversight on Sullivan’s part.
The article was shared by MSNBC’s Kyle Griffin on Twitter, and liked by Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian. Adams notes that Zhao is the diplomat who “invented the conspiracy theory alleging the U.S. military brought the coronavirus to Wuhan” and has been “on the front lines of China’s ultraaggressive, warlike effort” to distance itself from “culpability in the spread of the pandemic.”
Read more of this piece at WASHINGTONEXAMINER.
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Legendary country singer/songwriter in critical condition
- VIDEO: Dr. Fauci estimates when social distancing guidelines can be lifted
- BREAKING: Trump makes announcement on possible coronavirus quarantines in 3 states
- BREAKING: China makes admission about coronavirus whistleblower doctor punished by police, who died from the virus
- REPORT: New York nurse shares chilling photo of coronavirus victims to show ‘the ghastly reality’
- REPORT: Chinese markets still selling bats and slaughtering dogs, cats, rabbits in gruesome market scene
- REPORT: Major retailer to close all stores in the US to limit coronavirus spread
- VIDEO: 1st person arrested for violating NY’s COVID-19 executive order
- REPORT: NY hospitals treating coronavirus patients with VITAMIN after promising results
- VIDEO: Mnuchin says when checks from coronavirus bill will be coming