OpEd: Why the August jobs report is very bad for Democrats [VIDEO]
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
The new jobs report is in and the verdict is clear — no one should believe a single word the Democrats say about the economy.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the number of people employed in August increased by a very impressive 590,000, pushing total employment to a record-high of nearly 157.9 million. The percentage of the population that was employed rose to 60.9 percent, the highest percentage since December 2008.
The article goes on to state the following:
As a result, despite over 570,000 people joining the labor force, the unemployment rate held at 3.7 percent, near a 50-year low. Unemployment among African Americans and Hispanics also hit all-time lows last month, proving that the ongoing economic boom is still creating unprecedented opportunity for all U.S. workers.
Average hourly earnings increased at a healthy clip as well, growing by 3.2 percent since last August. It was the 13th month in a row that wages increased by at least 3 percent year over year. That’s tremendous news for American workers. Prior to this streak, wages last increased at least 3 percent in April of 2009.
Since his very first day in office, the Democrat-media complex has made it their mission to discredit Trump in anticipation of the next presidential election — even when that meant actively rooting for a recession. In recent weeks, the mainstream media have been making daily predictions of economic catastrophe, with a telling focus on whether it will occur in time for the election
Just days ahead of the August jobs report, CNBC published an article digesting “a list of recession signals that are flashing red.” A few weeks earlier, The New York Times published an entire article speculating about “how the recession of 2020 could happen,” despite acknowledging that we “may well avoid one for the foreseeable future.”
Sadly for Democrats and the media, the August jobs report offered confirmation that the U.S. economy is not going to cooperate with their political strategy. Whichever far-left extremist the Democrats nominate to run in 2020 will have to contend with the daunting prospect of running against an incumbent president who can justifiably claim credit for an economy that put real dollars in voters wallets — as they head to the polls.
By: Andy Puzder, Fox News
Today I got to chat about the August Jobs Report with @Varneyco. Thanks for having me on! @FoxBusiness August jobs reports released: How are the markets responding? | Fox Business Video https://t.co/qaBzMV9T09
— Andy Puzder (@AndyPuzder) September 7, 2019
— rhotwire (@rhotwire) September 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Another royal break. This time it’s Prince William and Kate Middleton, but its not an exit
- VIDEO: Students Who Tried To Kick Out White People ‘Thought They Were Gonna Be Hailed As Heroes’
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- VIDEO: CNN Anchor Tells Nancy Pelosi That Trump Was Acquitted — She Interrupts, Claims He Wasn’t
- VIDEO: Trey Gowdy reacts to DOJ decision on McCabe
- VIDEO: ‘Blood Drained From Adam Schiff’s Face’: John Barrasso Says Schiff’s ‘Parody’ Backfired
- VIDEO: Joe Biden: I’m ‘disappointed’ in Lindsey Graham
- REPORT: Iran MP Offers Reward for Killing Trump, U.S. Ambassador Responds
- VIDEO: Horrific Dallas street-racing crash kills innocent driver
- VIDEO: ‘F—ing Traitor’: Sen. Collins Releases Abusive Voicemails Ahead of Impeachment Vote