POLL: Should Planned Parenthood affiliates be forced to return stimulus money?
In a bombshell announcement Tuesday evening, Fox News anchor Tucker Carlson revealed that thirty-seven Planned Parenthood affiliates applied for – and received – a total of $80 million in stimulus money from the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP).
Now the federal government wants the money back, and has sent a letter notifying the Planned Parenthood affiliates that any affiliate of larger organizations with more than 500 employees are not eligible for PPP distributions.
In their letter, the SBA reportedly warned the groups that additional “severe penalties” were possible, beyond mandatory repayment, including criminal or civil sanctions if the SBA determined borrowers made knowingly false statements to obtain the money.
Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) responded in outrage as soon as the news broke Tuesday evening, tweeting, “If Planned Parenthood, the banks, or staff at the SBA knowingly violated the law all appropriate legal options should be pursued.”
“Planned Parenthood affiliates controlled by a parent organization sitting on half a billion in net assets does not qualify for #PPP. And if they knowingly broke the law they must be held accountable,” he added.
According to Fox News, Planned Parenthood affiliates claimed to have performed 345,672 abortions from Oct. 1, 2017 to Sept. 30, 2018.
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Should Planned Parenthood affiliates be forced to return stimulus money or face criminal charges?
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘Guardian Angel’ describes violent battle with mob of hundreds of NY looters: ‘We don’t surrender or retreat’
- VIDEO: Rosenstein makes admission about McCabe’s handling of Comey memos
- REPORT: Florida city becomes first to ban gun sales and carry during ’emergency declaration’
- REPORT: Graham makes announcement on Russia probe subpoena vote
- WATCH: Woman blasts ladies as RACIST for cleaning graffiti off building in shocking viral video
- REPORT: Fake News? Police Issue Statement At Odds With Reports About Actions Against Protesters in D.C.
- VIDEOS: De Blasio drowned out by boos, calls to resign at George Floyd memorial
- REPORT: Charlotte newspaper posts scathing op-ed on Trump seeking another city for GOP convention