POLL: Should Twitter have banned Omar’s opponent for calling out possibility of treason?
According to Fox News, a Republican challenging U.S. Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., in 2020 blasted Twitter on Friday after having her accounts permanently suspended this week following a tweet suggesting that the incumbent congresswoman should be hanged if found guilty of treason.
Danielle Stella wrote on her campaign Twitter account Tuesday, “If it is proven @IlhanMN passed sensitive info to Iran, she should be tried for #treason and hanged,” The Washington Examiner reported.
She later added a link to a blog post that included a drawing of a stick figure being hanged.
Stella’s tweet followed media reports that Omar’s name came up in a Canadian businessman’s deposition in a Florida court case.
The businessman, Alan Bender, claimed that Qatari officials told him Omar was the “jewel in the crown” of U.S. politicians who allegedly were Qatari assets and shared information with Iran, the Washington Examiner reported.
But several journalists have tweeted that they have found no evidence to support any of Bender’s claims about Omar, the Examiner added.
Meanwhile, a Twitter spokesperson said Stella’s accounts were closed for “repeated violations of the Twitter rules,” The Examiner reported.
“To clarify, I said, “If it is proven ____ passed sensitive info to Iran, she should be tried for #treason and hanged”. Treason is the only thing mentioned in the constitution for the death penalty, punishable by hanging or firing squad,” Stella wrote in a statement posted on Facebook on Friday. “I believe all involved should be thoroughly investigated. I did not threaten anyone.”
We ask you, should Stella be banned from Twitter?
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘Blood Drained From Adam Schiff’s Face’: John Barrasso Says Schiff’s ‘Parody’ Backfired
- REPORT: News outlet blasted by police for breaking news of Kobe Bryant’s death before family could be notified
- REPORT: Another country offers to pick up Harry and Meghan’s massive security bill
- VIDEO: Chris Wallace confronts Dershowitz over impeachment
- VIDEO: Tucker Carlson: Adam Schiff is turning into a Tom Clancy character
- VIDEO: Angel Mom rips into Biden, Dems over ‘illegal alien criminals first’ agenda
- VIDEO: “God help me, I did it.” Megyn Kelly reveals she complied with demeaning request by Roger Ailes
- REPORT: Republican AGs Say Bloomberg Is Secretly Embedding An Army Of Anti-Trump Attorneys Inside State Offices
- JUST IN: Deadly avalanche barrels down on visitors of US ski resort
- REPORT: Adam Schiff proposes method to overrule Republicans and settle dispute over witnesses