POLL: Was Attorney General Bill Barr right to intervene in the Roger Stone case?
Democrats have reacted in fury against Attorney General William Barr after he stepped in to intervene this week when prosecutors recommending a prison sentence of up to 9 years for former Trump associate Roger Stone.
Stone had been convicted on seven counts of obstruction, witness tampering, and making false statements to Congress on charges that stemmed from former Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation.
Attorney General William Barr stepped in, saying that was “extreme, excessive, and grossly disproportionate to the offenses.”
President Trump loudly condemned the sentence recommendation as well, prompting accusations from the left that the president had influenced Barr’s decision.
Calls for Barr’s ouster poured in. Sen. Elizabeth Warren declared that if “that guy won’t resign, then the House should start impeachment proceedings against him.”
Barr spoke out in an interview on Thursday, scolding Trump for tweeting about the Roger Stone case.
“I think it’s time to stop the tweeting about Department of Justice criminal cases,” Barr told ABC in the interview.
“Tweets made about people in the department, cases pending in the department, make it impossible for me to do my job, to assure the courts and the prosecutors in the department that we are doing our job with integrity. I cannot do my job here at the department with a constant background commentary that undercuts me,” he added.
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION! Was Attorney General Bill Barr right to intervene in the Roger Stone case?
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Another royal break. This time it’s Prince William and Kate Middleton, but its not an exit
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- VIDEO: CNN Anchor Tells Nancy Pelosi That Trump Was Acquitted — She Interrupts, Claims He Wasn’t
- VIDEO: Students Who Tried To Kick Out White People ‘Thought They Were Gonna Be Hailed As Heroes’
- VIDEO: ‘F—ing Traitor’: Sen. Collins Releases Abusive Voicemails Ahead of Impeachment Vote
- REPORT: Rudy Giuliani predicts Trump will be ‘totally vindicated’ by ‘smoking gun’ in Hunter Biden probe: ‘We’ve got the documents’
- REPORT: Border Patrol posts multiple reports of truck loads of illegal aliens smuggled into US [PHOTOS]
- VIDEO: Trey Gowdy reacts to DOJ decision on McCabe
- REPORT: CBP Officers Seize HUGE Liquid Meth Load [PHOTOS]
- VIDEO: ‘Blood Drained From Adam Schiff’s Face’: John Barrasso Says Schiff’s ‘Parody’ Backfired