POLL: Was Attorney General Bill Barr right to intervene in the Roger Stone case?
Democrats have reacted in fury against Attorney General William Barr after he stepped in to intervene this week when prosecutors recommending a prison sentence of up to 9 years for former Trump associate Roger Stone.
Stone had been convicted on seven counts of obstruction, witness tampering, and making false statements to Congress on charges that stemmed from former Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation.
Attorney General William Barr stepped in, saying that was “extreme, excessive, and grossly disproportionate to the offenses.”
President Trump loudly condemned the sentence recommendation as well, prompting accusations from the left that the president had influenced Barr’s decision.
Calls for Barr’s ouster poured in. Sen. Elizabeth Warren declared that if “that guy won’t resign, then the House should start impeachment proceedings against him.”
Barr spoke out in an interview on Thursday, scolding Trump for tweeting about the Roger Stone case.
“I think it’s time to stop the tweeting about Department of Justice criminal cases,” Barr told ABC in the interview.
“Tweets made about people in the department, cases pending in the department, make it impossible for me to do my job, to assure the courts and the prosecutors in the department that we are doing our job with integrity. I cannot do my job here at the department with a constant background commentary that undercuts me,” he added.
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION! Was Attorney General Bill Barr right to intervene in the Roger Stone case?
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Wife of former New Jersey mayor found dead from self-inflicted gunshot
- REPORT: The Nurse Was Holding Up. Then Her 3 Close Relatives Were Brought In.
- UPDATE: New York’s darkest day: Cuomo gives stunning new figures on state’s coronavirus deaths
- VIDEO: Here’s when New York’s coronavirus apex is likely to hit
- REPORT: Leaked papers reveal SHOCKING coronavirus cases, deaths that US hospitals are secretly preparing for
- REPORT: Maryland governor issues emergency order in response to coronavirus spread
- BREAKING: China makes admission about coronavirus whistleblower doctor punished by police, who died from the virus
- REPORT: NY hospitals treating coronavirus patients with VITAMIN after promising results
- VIDEO: Dr. Fauci estimates when social distancing guidelines can be lifted
- VIDEO: Rats swarm city’s streets as coronavirus precautions leave them empty