REPORT: 6th Circuit Orders Resentencing For Rand Paul Attacker
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DAILYCALLER.COM:
The 6th Circuit Court of Appeals on Monday remanded the lenient prison sentence given to the man who attacked Republican Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul on his property, finding that a federal district court lacked a “compelling justification” for sentencing him to only 30 days in prison.
Rene Boucher was arrested in November 2017 for attacking Paul outside his Kentucky home after the senator blew some leaves into his property. Boucher entered Paul’s property and tackled him from behind, breaking six of his ribs and causing a pleural effusion, which ultimately led to pneumonia.
The article goes on to state the following:
Paul said in a civil lawsuit against Boucher that he feared for his life during the attack.
In March 2018, Boucher pleaded guilty to assaulting a member of Congress. Sentencing guidelines called for a range of 21 to 27 months in prison, but a federal court sentenced him to 30 days in June 2018 due to his “excellent background.”
6th Cir. holds that the district court's sentence of 30 days for Sen. Paul's attacker, Rene Boucher, was substantively unreasonable.
— Gabriel Malor (@gabrielmalor) September 9, 2019
— The Washington Times (@WashTimes) September 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit DAILYCALLER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Another royal break. This time it’s Prince William and Kate Middleton, but its not an exit
- VIDEO: Students Who Tried To Kick Out White People ‘Thought They Were Gonna Be Hailed As Heroes’
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- TRUMP: Responds to Barr’s request to stop tweeting about DOJ … in a tweet
- REPORT: Iran MP Offers Reward for Killing Trump, U.S. Ambassador Responds
- JUST IN: Major retailer to close 125 stores, shed 2,000 corporate jobs
- EXCLUSIVE: WATCH: Patrons less than enthused when Elizabeth Warren visits restaurant
- VIDEO: CNN Anchor Tells Nancy Pelosi That Trump Was Acquitted — She Interrupts, Claims He Wasn’t
- VIDEO: Gutfeld rips media after Avenatti verdict
- VIDEO: Horrific Dallas street-racing crash kills innocent driver