REPORT: Air Force leaders order probe of Trump resort stays
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by Politico:
The U.S. Air Force has ordered a world-wide review of how it chooses overnight accommodations on long flights following revelations that air crews had occasionally stayed at President Donald Trump’s Scotland resort while refueling at a small commercial airport nearby.
The review comes as additional instances of military personnel staying at Trump properties have been uncovered. The C-17 crew’s overnight stay at Trump’s Turnberry resort in Scotland earlier this year, first reported by POLITICO on Friday, was not an isolated incident.
The article goes on to state the following:
In September 2018, on its way back to the U.S. from Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar, a unit of the Maine Air National Guard landed at Prestwick Airport, the airport closest to Trump’s luxury waterfront resort. The crew and their passengers then spent the night at his hotel, according to one person who was present, an Instagram post and a voucher detailing the crew’s itinerary reviewed by POLITICO.
The Air Force did not immediately respond to questions about that September stay, but Air Force Brig. Gen. Ed Thomas, the chief spokesman, told POLITICO in a statement that “initial reviews indicate that aircrew transiting through Scotland adhered to all guidance and procedures.”
BREAKING: The US Air Force has ordered a sweeping review of its use of Trump resorts for overnight crew accommodations. It comes as POLITICO uncovers yet another overnight stay at Turnberry by at least a dozen USAF crew members in September 2018. https://t.co/TjHYI9bp9W
— Natasha Bertrand (@NatashaBertrand) September 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit Politico. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- FDNY says 3 injured in fire near New York City’s Times Square
- POLL: Was school right to fire teacher who pointed out illegal alien students to President Trump?
- REPORT: Biden: ‘I’ve spent as much time’ with Putin as Trump
- VIDEO: Missing Florida girl shown tied up and crying in Instagram video call, family tells police
- REPORT: GRAPHIC: Half-eaten remains of migrant found on Texas ranch near border
- REPORT: Bernie Sanders reveals what he admires about Trump
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts