REPORT: Bevin knocks Kentucky Secretary of State for calling the race on CNN, calls for a recanvass of ballots
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin (R) doubled down Wednesday on his claim that his state’s gubernatorial election may have been marred by alleged “irregularities.”
Bevin refused to concede the election Tuesday night after the vote showed him losing to Democrat Andy Beshear by less than half a percentage point and called for a recanvass of the votes.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Kentucky sadly — and it’s not unique to Kentucky — but there’s more than a little bit of history of vote fraud in our state,” Bevin told reporters, adding that his campaign was working on “getting affidavits and other information that will help us to get a better understanding of what did or did not happen.”
Bevin called for votes across the state to be recanvassed, adding that there had been reports of voters being “incorrectly turned away from various voting booths around the state.”
“We want the people of Kentucky to have absolute confidence that their votes were counted as they should have been counted,” Mr. Bevin told reporters.
He went on to blast Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes (D) for calling the race for his opponent while she was on CNN.
“The fact that our secretary of state was on national TV … it was an interesting choice of places for her to go while the roll was being tallied, the votes were being tallied and to call an election,” Bevin added. “For her to try to jump the gun on this and interject herself into this, it’s something that’s being looked into.”
— Hillary Thornton (@HillaryWKYT) November 6, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: NFL releases statement on Kaepernick after workout stunt
- BREAKING: Supreme Court Chief Justice announces Ginsburg is ill
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham says he’s “confident” the whistleblower is from the “deep state.”
- VIDEO: ‘Crying like a little child’: Don Trump Jr. rips whistleblower over Clinton loss
- REPORT: Another traveling family attacked by cartel in northern Mexico, one dead
- VIDEO: Democrat against impeachment calls out party for ‘fracturing the nation’ with investigation
- VIDEO: Fox host hits MSNBC for impeachment coverage with George Conway
- REPORT: Michigan county seized retiree’s home over $8 debt – now he’s fighting back
- VIDEO: Former police officer fires back at Joy Behar for suggesting politicians keep gun confiscation a ‘secret’
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts