REPORT: Biden: Florida governor has not taken ‘strong, urgent, and sweeping action to stop’ coronavirus
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
ORLANDO, Fla. — Former Vice President Joe Biden is calling on Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) to take more action to combat the coronavirus spread in the state amid scrutiny over the governor’s response to the crisis.
“This deadly pandemic does not discriminate along party lines, zip codes, gender, race and certainly not state, county or city lines,” the Democratic presidential primary front-runner said in a statement on Wednesday. “While other large states continue to take strong, urgent, and sweeping action to stop the spread of COVID-19, Florida has not. I urge Governor DeSantis to let the experts speak to the public and explain why this is the case.”
The article goes on to state the following:
DeSantis is under pressure to impose a stay-at-home order as governors across the country take strict measures in their states to stop the spread of the virus. The governor instead on Tuesday ordered anyone in the state who has traveled to the greater New York City area over the past three weeks to self-isolate as the number of coronavirus cases continues to rise. DeSantis also announced that Florida’s surgeon general would issue a health advisory warning people 65 years and older to stay inside over the next two weeks.
He has faced backlash for what critics say was a slow response to the crisis, including his lack of action to close crowded Florida beaches amid the pandemic. DeSantis did close beaches in Broward and Palm Beach counties late last week and directed all of Florida’s state parks shut down on Monday.
DeSantis on CA’s lockdown: “If you’re doing a big block party during a lockdown, wouldn’t it be better to just go to work? You’re probably going to transmit the virus less in the office than you are with a bunch of drunk idiots in a block party.” pic.twitter.com/I35nVGKVqb
— Joel Franco (@OfficialJoelF) March 24, 2020
WATCH: Gov. Ron DeSantis is speaking at the just opened drive-thru testing site in Orange County. https://t.co/xGVfsXWSj7
— WESH 2 News (@WESH) March 25, 2020
*Coronavirus cases worldwide: 440,145
*Total confirmed deaths: 19,751
*Recovered patients: 111,942
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Data Doesn’t Match Doomsday Media Predictions, Ventilator Concerns, Task Force Doctor Says
- BREAKING: China makes admission about coronavirus whistleblower doctor punished by police, who died from the virus
- BREAKING: Former longtime AZ sheriff Joe Arpaio makes big announcement
- REPORT: Actor demands Trump be removed from office over coronavirus handling
- REPORT: Chilling images of makeshift morgue set up outside NYC hospital amid coronavirus pandemic
- REPORT: Trump grants major disaster declaration for state of Maryland
- REPORT: Every resident of senior home presumed to have coronavirus
- REPORT: Police Officers Rebuke Media Outlet Over Decision On White House Coronavirus Briefings
- BREAKING: Final coronavirus stimulus bill omits several Pelosi wish list items, but keeps a big one IN
- VIDEO: Task force doctors call media out for distorted information, bad questions