REPORT: Bloomberg campaign facing class-action lawsuits
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Class-action lawsuits could make Michael Bloomberg’s failed presidential bid even more costly.
One of the 2020 Democratic dropout’s former campaign staffers started the process of gaining a court’s approval for a class-action lawsuit against the campaign. Donna Wood, who started the lawsuit, is one of many Bloomberg staff members who said they were promised jobs through November but were fired when the former New York City mayor dropped out of the race.
The article goes on to state the following:
Wood filed the lawsuit on Monday in New York’s southern district court. One of her attorneys, Sally Abrahamson of Outten & Golden LLP, told NBC News that Bloomberg’s campaign broke promises made to workers and should be ordered to pay the staff members what they would have earned through November.
In a statement, a Bloomberg campaign representative said, “This campaign paid its staff wages and benefits that were much more generous than any other campaign this year. Staff worked 39 days on average, but they were also given several weeks of severance and healthcare through March, something no other campaign did this year.
“Given the current crisis, a fund is being created to ensure that all staff receive healthcare through April, which no other campaign has done. And many field staff will go on to work for the [Democratic National Committee] in battleground states, in part because the campaign made the largest monetary transfer to the DNC from a presidential campaign in history to support the DNC’s organizing efforts.”
"A former field organizer for Michael R. Bloomberg filed a proposed class-action lawsuit against his…campaign Monday, arguing that she and thousands of others laid off this month had been tricked into taking jobs they were told would last until" Nov https://t.co/WFRzU7euMG
— Maggie Haberman (@maggieNYT) March 23, 2020
— DMLNewsApp (@DMLNewsApp) March 23, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Trump makes announcement on possible coronavirus quarantines in 3 states
- REPORT: Legendary country singer/songwriter in critical condition
- VIDEO: Dr. Fauci estimates when social distancing guidelines can be lifted
- REPORT: New York nurse shares chilling photo of coronavirus victims to show ‘the ghastly reality’
- BREAKING: China makes admission about coronavirus whistleblower doctor punished by police, who died from the virus
- VIDEO: 1st person arrested for violating NY’s COVID-19 executive order
- REPORT: Major retailer to close all stores in the US to limit coronavirus spread
- VIDEO: Mnuchin says when checks from coronavirus bill will be coming
- REPORT: Chinese markets still selling bats and slaughtering dogs, cats, rabbits in gruesome market scene
- About (ratings)