REPORT: California GOP opens path to send delegates to 2020 convention even if Trump isn’t on ballot
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
California Republicans approved a rule change Sunday allowing the party to send delegates to the GOP’s national convention next summer even if President Trump isn’t on the state ballot, the Associated Press reported.
The measure came in response to a law signed by Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) earlier this year requiring presidential candidates to release their tax returns as a prerequisite to appearing on the ballot.
The article goes on to state the following:
Newsom’s bill was seen as a direct attack on Trump, and the state of California has already been sued by the president and the Republican National Committee (RNC).
RNC member Shawn Steel told AP on Sunday that the new measure is a stop-gap move, but emphasized the disclosure rule will be defeated in court.
“It’s just planning ahead,” he said.
The rule change would allow the party to hold a special convention after California’s March 2020 primary and determine the candidate, in this case Trump, and organize delegates to send to the convention.
— The Hill (@thehill) September 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- REPORT: House Republican rips witness over gun control law claim
- VIDEO: Joe Biden tells a WHOPPER on gun violence… and no one called him on it
- REPORT: Prison officials reveal ‘fear’ of Weinstein incarceration: ‘He may try to …”
- REPORT: Medicaid and food stamps line vanishes as new immigration rules start
- BREAKING: Trump administration declares emergency due to coronavirus, Chinese furious
- REPORT: CNN report SHOCKS with description of baby who survives an abortion
- JUST IN: Major retailer to close 125 stores, shed 2,000 corporate jobs
- VIDEO: Truck driver performs dangerous U-turn into oncoming traffic on highway, gets arrested
- BREAKING: ‘Surgery is imminent’: Fox Nation host reveals she’s getting treatment for brain tumor