REPORT: Chemistry teacher ‘froze in pure shock’ after botched experiment set teen on fire
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CBSNEWS.COM:
Atlanta, Georgia — A teacher presenting a flashy demonstration to get her students excited about chemistry made a mistake that caused a fire to burn “out of control” and seriously injure a student, says a report released Wednesday. The high school teacher, Bridgette Blowe, “froze in pure shock” when it grew out of control, spread across the desk and set her student — in the front row — on fire, according to students and staff, CBS Atlanta affiliate WGCL-TV reports.
Staff and students said the student, 16-year-old Malachi McFadden, had his head down and didn’t see the flame coming. He suffered third-degree burns on his face, neck and torso and was hospitalized after the botched “burning money demonstration,” which happened at Redan High School, just outside Atlanta, on the second day of his junior year, his lawyers said.
The article goes on to state the following:
On Wednesday, his lawyers released a report by an investigator for the DeKalb County school system that uses witness statements from students and teachers to piece together what happened August 6. They say Blowe didn’t provide protective equipment or advise the boy to stand 10 feet away, as mandated, WGCL-TV reported.
Staff and students said the student, 16-year-old Malachi McFadden, had his head down and didn’t see the flame coming. https://t.co/YVbwHJNlo3
— KLFY NEWS 10 (@KLFY) November 7, 2019
A teacher presenting a flashy demonstration to get her students excited about chemistry made a mistake that caused a fire to burn “out of control” and seriously injure a student, says a report released Wednesday. https://t.co/1w19B2OZsE
— 10 News First (@10NewsFirst) November 7, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CBSNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- COMMENTARY: Kobach: The Riots Remind Us Why We Need the Second Amendment
- WATCH: CNN’s Jim Acosta Shouts at Trump: ‘Is This Still a Democracy?’
- REPORT: Lincoln Memorial and WWII Memorial among DC landmarks vandalized during riots [PHOTOS]
- BREAKING: Trump approval at Gallup ‘highest,’ better than Obama, Bush
- EXCLUSIVE: Hillary Clinton taunts Trump with two photos, and two words
- REPORT: Trump tells governors on call what they must do with rioters
- REPORT: Facebook employees stage ‘virtual walkout’ over Trump
- REPORT: Actress Hopeful After Protesters Breach Perimeter Near White House