REPORT: Climate experts back up Trump claim on California wildfires
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
President Trump might be right about land management and California wildfires, according to climate experts.
Scott Stephens, a University of California, Berkeley professor of fire science, said 75% of the damage from the wildfires was because of “the way we manage lands and develop our landscape.” The comments made earlier this week echo what Trump said over a year ago.
The article goes on to state the following:
“There is no reason for these massive, deadly and costly forest fires in California except that forest management is so poor,” the president said. “Billions of dollars are given each year, with so many lives lost, all because of gross mismanagement of the forests. Remedy now, or no more Fed payments!”
More than 225,000 acres of land burned and 7,000 structures were destroyed in California in 2018, when Trump cast the blame on land management.
The Daily Caller further reports:
Stephens was not the only researcher at the National Council for Science and the Environment to made that point. “Wildfire is not really wildfire — it’s not pointy green trees,” Jennifer Montgomery, director of the California Forest Management Task Force, added.
Montgomery continued: “You get these so-called wildfires at intersection of development.”
There is no reason for these massive, deadly and costly forest fires in California except that forest management is so poor. Billions of dollars are given each year, with so many lives lost, all because of gross mismanagement of the forests. Remedy now, or no more Fed payments!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 10, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘Blood Drained From Adam Schiff’s Face’: John Barrasso Says Schiff’s ‘Parody’ Backfired
- REPORT: News outlet blasted by police for breaking news of Kobe Bryant’s death before family could be notified
- REPORT: Another country offers to pick up Harry and Meghan’s massive security bill
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham makes pledge about Bidens: ‘And that does not make me a Russian agent’
- VIDEO: Tucker Carlson: Adam Schiff is turning into a Tom Clancy character
- VIDEO: “God help me, I did it.” Megyn Kelly reveals she complied with demeaning request by Roger Ailes
- VIDEO: Martha MacCallum calls out Eric Swalwell on impeachment process
- VIDEO: Schiff not trusted: Democrats aren’t getting intelligence because of ‘crooked, corrupt’ lawmakers: Trump
- REPORT: Collins releases statement about calling witnesses for impeachment trial
- REPORT: ‘Stunned’ Sen. Collins objected to Nadler’s impeachment accusation in note to Roberts