REPORT: Clint Eastwood breaks his silence, makes surprising endorsement for 2020 presidential candidate
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
Clint Eastwood is breaking his silence over the 2020 presidential hopeful he believes is best fit for office.
The 89-year-old discussed the #MeToo movement, career highlights and dished on his political views in a revealing interview with the Wall Street Journal, and it turns out Mike Bloomberg has the actor’s support.
The article goes on to state the following:
“The best thing we could do is just get Mike Bloomberg in there,” Eastwood told the outlet.
Eastwood, currently registered as a Libertarian, served as mayor of the California town, Carmel-by-the-Sea, from 1986 to 1988, and is known as a Hollywood conservative.
In his interview with Tunku Varadarajan of the Wall Street Journal, published on Friday, Eastwood says he approves of some things Trump has done, but confirms he would prefer to have Bloomberg in the Oval Office.
As for the domestic political scene, Mr. Eastwood seems disheartened. “The politics has gotten so ornery,” he says, hunching his shoulders in resignation. He approves of “certain things that Trump’s done” but wishes the president would act “in a more genteel way, without tweeting and calling people names. I would personally like for him to not bring himself to that level.” As he drives me back to my hotel, he expresses an affinity for another former mayor: “The best thing we could do is just get Mike Bloomberg in there.”
— WSJ Editorial Page (@WSJopinion) February 22, 2020
— Tunku Varadarajan (@tunkuv) February 22, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Trump makes announcement on possible coronavirus quarantines in 3 states
- REPORT: Legendary country singer/songwriter in critical condition
- VIDEO: Dr. Fauci estimates when social distancing guidelines can be lifted
- BREAKING: China makes admission about coronavirus whistleblower doctor punished by police, who died from the virus
- REPORT: New York nurse shares chilling photo of coronavirus victims to show ‘the ghastly reality’
- VIDEO: 1st person arrested for violating NY’s COVID-19 executive order
- REPORT: Major retailer to close all stores in the US to limit coronavirus spread
- VIDEO: Mnuchin says when checks from coronavirus bill will be coming
- REPORT: Chinese markets still selling bats and slaughtering dogs, cats, rabbits in gruesome market scene
- About (ratings)