REPORT: Coronavirus deaths top 1,100 as cruise ship cases increase
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by Axios:
174 people aboard a cruise ship quarantined off Japan’s coast have now tested positive for the novel coronavirus — including a quarantine officer — the country’s health ministry confirmed, as the global death toll continues to rise. COVID-19 has now killed 1,15 people, per the latest official figures. A person in Hong Kong and another in the Philippinesare the only ones to die of the virus outside mainland China, where it’s infected over 45,000 people, a number the CDC believes is underreported. There are nearly 500 cases in 27 other countries and territories.
Last 48 hours:
- Evacuees released: The first group of U.S. citizens who were evacuated from Wuhan, China, to a military base in California were leaving their 14-day quarantine with a clean bill of health, CDC principal deputy director Anne Schuchat said Tuesday.
- In China: The WHO sent a team of international scientists to work on-the-ground in China. While CDC “sent names” of U.S. experts to WHO for consideration, a top CDC official would not confirm on Tuesday if any were part of the team.
- 13th patient: The CDC confirmed there’s a 13th case in the United States, a person evacuated from Wuhan and tested at UC San Diego Public Health, where the person was discharged and returned to federal quarantine. This was due to a “mix-up” on the person’s test results, Schuchat said Tuesday.
To get more information about this article, please visit Axios. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Another royal break. This time it’s Prince William and Kate Middleton, but its not an exit
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- VIDEO: CNN Anchor Tells Nancy Pelosi That Trump Was Acquitted — She Interrupts, Claims He Wasn’t
- VIDEO: Students Who Tried To Kick Out White People ‘Thought They Were Gonna Be Hailed As Heroes’
- REPORT: Barack Obama’s childhood home hits the market
- REPORT Here’s what Al Sharpton still owes for failed 2004 presidential race
- REPORT: Border Patrol posts multiple reports of truck loads of illegal aliens smuggled into US [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton finally responds to backlash over Sanders remark: ‘I thought…’
- VIDEO: ‘F—ing Traitor’: Sen. Collins Releases Abusive Voicemails Ahead of Impeachment Vote
- REPORT: CBP Officers Seize HUGE Liquid Meth Load [PHOTOS]