REPORT: Coronavirus infects US aircraft carrier after port call in Vietnam, sailors sickened
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
SAILORS ON USS ROOSEVELT SICKENED: The Navy revealed yesterday that three sailors had to be evacuated from the aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt and other crew members isolated aboard ship after the three tested positive for the coronavirus that causes COVID-19.
The Roosevelt, now at sea in the Pacific Ocean, made a port call in Da Nang, Vietnam, late last month and early this month, but Navy officials could not say if that was the source of the infection.
The article goes on to state the following:
“I think it would be difficult to tie down these active cases to that particular port visit,” said Chief of Naval Operations Adm. Michael Gilday at a Pentagon news conference. “We’ve had aircraft flying to and from the ship, and so we just don’t want to say it was that particular port visit; although we took great precautions when the crew came back from that shore period to do enhanced medical screening of the crew.”
“Chief of Naval Operations Admiral Mike Gilday said the ship was last in port in Vietnam about 15 days ago,” Reuters reports
Three sailors on board a U.S. aircraft carrier have coronavirus. Chief of Naval Operations Admiral Mike Gilday said the ship was last in port in Vietnam about 15 days ago. https://t.co/TKQNyEbRg0
— James Pearson (@pearswick) March 25, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: China makes admission about coronavirus whistleblower doctor punished by police, who died from the virus
- BREAKING: Former longtime AZ sheriff Joe Arpaio makes big announcement
- VIDEO: Data Doesn’t Match Doomsday Media Predictions, Ventilator Concerns, Task Force Doctor Says
- REPORT: Chilling images of makeshift morgue set up outside NYC hospital amid coronavirus pandemic
- REPORT: Actor demands Trump be removed from office over coronavirus handling
- REPORT: Trump grants major disaster declaration for state of Maryland
- REPORT: Every resident of senior home presumed to have coronavirus
- REPORT: CEO of successful restaurant chain gives up salary for year to pay workers during pandemic
- REPORT: Police Officers Rebuke Media Outlet Over Decision On White House Coronavirus Briefings
- BREAKING: Final coronavirus stimulus bill omits several Pelosi wish list items, but keeps a big one IN