REPORT: DC Comics faces backlash for deleting Batman poster amid China complaints
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DailyMail:
DC Comics has faced fierce criticism for pulling an image advertising its new Batman comic from social media on Thursday night following an angry backlash in China after many perceived the poster to be supporting of the ongoing protests in Hong Kong.
Long since-deleted, the image depicted the iconic superhero throwing a molotov cocktail in front of a grey and pink background with the words ‘The Future is Young’ written in large lettering.
The article goes on to state the following:
The illustration had originally been uploaded to promote Frank Miller and Rafael Grampá’s forthcoming new Batman title ‘Dark Knight Returns: Golden Child’, which is scheduled for release next month – however more outrage than interest was drummed up in China.
Batman publisher is latest to hurt the Chinese people’s feelings after depicting a black-clad Batwoman throwing a petrol bomb with the words “the future is young.” “Why don’t they focus on making comics and not getting involved in politics?”https://t.co/hB3M6I0zY9
— Jonathan Cheng (@JChengWSJ) November 29, 2019
DC Comics cowardly removed a piece of artwork promoting a Batman comic after Chinese critics claimed the artwork supported pro-democracy #HongKongProtests.
— BashCo (@BashCo_) November 30, 2019
The Dark Knight Returns: The Golden Child, cover shows Batman throwing a Molotov cocktail, the words “The Future Is Young”, China complains the imagery supports the pro-democracy protests taking place in Hong Kong, DC pulls cover. #shame support #HongKong pic.twitter.com/HGEDuXBnhT
— Kenny Mnemonic (@techberry) November 29, 2019
Sadly, DC cancelled the promo cover for The Golden Child in which Batman is throwing a Molotov cocktail in front of the words “The Future Is Young” written in bright pink letters. Because China complained that DC was supporting the protesters. #HongKongProtest #tradewar #China pic.twitter.com/nHfXymobs2
— Antonio Graceffo (@Brooklynmonk) November 29, 2019
Surrendering democratic values…again. “DC Comics Yields To Chinese, Drop Batman Poster After Claim It Supports Hong Kong. The new Frank Miller comic featured Batwoman throwing a molotov cocktail with the caption ‘the future is young.’ https://t.co/bYOhkQDIe1
— J.Doyle_DeBoosted_Will followback as soon as I can (@sibersong) November 30, 2019
DC Comics is criticized for bowing to Chinese pressure and DELETING new Batman ad https://t.co/4s9kQMyJe0
— Daily Mail US (@DailyMail) November 30, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit DailyMail. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘Blood Drained From Adam Schiff’s Face’: John Barrasso Says Schiff’s ‘Parody’ Backfired
- REPORT: News outlet blasted by police for breaking news of Kobe Bryant’s death before family could be notified
- REPORT: Another country offers to pick up Harry and Meghan’s massive security bill
- VIDEO: Chris Wallace confronts Dershowitz over impeachment
- VIDEO: Tucker Carlson: Adam Schiff is turning into a Tom Clancy character
- VIDEO: Angel Mom rips into Biden, Dems over ‘illegal alien criminals first’ agenda
- VIDEO: “God help me, I did it.” Megyn Kelly reveals she complied with demeaning request by Roger Ailes
- REPORT: Republican AGs Say Bloomberg Is Secretly Embedding An Army Of Anti-Trump Attorneys Inside State Offices
- JUST IN: Deadly avalanche barrels down on visitors of US ski resort
- REPORT: Adam Schiff proposes method to overrule Republicans and settle dispute over witnesses