REPORT: Declassified: Trump-Russia launch document authored by Strzok
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The document that greenlighted the FBI’s counterintelligence investigation into the Trump campaign has been unveiled, giving the public a look at a key focus of U.S. Attorney John Durham’s inquiry into the Trump-Russia investigators.
An “opening electronic communication,” which was authored by fired FBI agent Peter Strzok, was released through a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit brought by conservative government watchdog group Judicial Watch.
The article goes on to state the following:
Typed up in late July 2016 with the approval of William Priestap, the assistant director of the FBI Counterintelligence Division, the document outlines the reasoning for the bureau’s decision to launch the Crossfire Hurricane investigation. The investigation looked into ties between the Trump campaign and Russia after an Australian diplomat, Alexander Downer, informed the United States that Trump campaign foreign policy adviser George Papadopoulos told him he learned Russia had damaging information on Hillary Clinton, Trump’s Democratic rival in the 2016 presidential election.
The report states that the document, “which Strzok wrote “opens and assigns” the investigation, is covered in redactions.”
CLICK HERE to read more of this report from the Washington Examiner.
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) May 21, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘Guardian Angel’ describes violent battle with mob of hundreds of NY looters: ‘We don’t surrender or retreat’
- VIDEO: Footage of 7-year-old girl in Black Lives Matter march goes viral
- REPORT: Florida city becomes first to ban gun sales and carry during ’emergency declaration’
- REPORT: Graham makes announcement on Russia probe subpoena vote
- WATCH: Woman blasts ladies as RACIST for cleaning graffiti off building in shocking viral video
- REPORT: Fake News? Police Issue Statement At Odds With Reports About Actions Against Protesters in D.C.
- VIDEOS: De Blasio drowned out by boos, calls to resign at George Floyd memorial
- REPORT: Charlotte newspaper posts scathing op-ed on Trump seeking another city for GOP convention