REPORT: Democrat senator reacts to GOP request to subpoena whistleblower
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Democratic California Rep. Eric Swalwell said Democrats should deny any Republican request to subpoena the whistleblower to testify in the ongoing impeachment proceeding against President Trump.
Any witnesses suggested by the minority must be approved by the Democratic committee chairman or by a committee vote under House rules adopted for impeachment proceedings in an Oct. 31 vote. Swalwell sits on the House Intelligence Committee at the center of the impeachment investigation.
The article goes on to state the following:
“I look at the whistleblower like someone who pulled the fire alarm,” Swalwell said. “First responders show up, and they see flames, smoke, burning building, an arsonist holding the gasoline can with matches. You don’t really need to know who pulled the fire alarm.”
Swalwell went on to accuse the GOP of trying to “punish the whistleblower, put the whistleblower in harm’s way.”
Rep. Eric Swalwell said Democrats should exercise their right to block Republicans from subpoenaing testimony from the whistleblower, hours after Rep. Jim Jordan said his party planned to add that person to their list of impeachment witnesses. https://t.co/BQ1dcDDJwZ
— Kyle Griffin (@kylegriffin1) November 7, 2019
In the future, you will go to jail if you out a whistleblower. Legislation coming.
— Rep. Eric Swalwell (@RepSwalwell) November 7, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: NFL releases statement on Kaepernick after workout stunt
- BREAKING: Supreme Court Chief Justice announces Ginsburg is ill
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham says he’s “confident” the whistleblower is from the “deep state.”
- VIDEO: ‘Crying like a little child’: Don Trump Jr. rips whistleblower over Clinton loss
- REPORT: Another traveling family attacked by cartel in northern Mexico, one dead
- VIDEO: Democrat against impeachment calls out party for ‘fracturing the nation’ with investigation
- VIDEO: Fox host hits MSNBC for impeachment coverage with George Conway
- REPORT: Michigan county seized retiree’s home over $8 debt – now he’s fighting back
- VIDEO: Former police officer fires back at Joy Behar for suggesting politicians keep gun confiscation a ‘secret’
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts