REPORT: Democrats give up trying to get former Trump official to testify in impeachment trial
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
House Democrats have signaled they are moving on from their efforts to obtain testimony from former national security adviser John Bolton after they say a lawyer for Bolton threatened to file a lawsuit if their client was subpoenaed.
Democrats had scheduled for Bolton to testify voluntarily on Thursday as part of the chamber’s impeachment inquiry into President Trump’s dealings with Ukraine, but sources ahead of his testimony said it was unlikely that the longtime GOP hawk would appear.
The article goes on to state the following:
A House Intelligence Committee official later said in a statement that a lawyer for Bolton notified the panel that “Mr. Bolton would take us to court if we subpoenaed him.”
— The Hill (@thehill) November 7, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Pelosi unveils new $3 trillion coronavirus relief plan [READ IT HERE]
- VIDEO: ‘The Five’ Panel Explodes After Donna Brazile Says THIS About the First Amendment
- REPORT: Judge orders State Department to produce Ukraine documents
- VIDEO: Police release redacted bodycam footage following death of George Floyd
- REPORT: These Obama officials are on GOP senators’ list for subpoenas amid Obama-era probe