REPORT: Disney child star, 15, dies of brain tumor
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DailyMail:
Star of Disney’s Queen of Katwe Nikita Pearl Waligwa has died aged 15 after being diagnosed with a brain tumour.
Nikita Pearl played Gloria in the film – also starring Oscar-winning actress Lupita Nyong’o – about a chess prodigy from a Ugandan slum. Doctors first discovered a tumour in 2016 and, after radiotherapy, she was told she was cancer-free a year later.
The article goes on to state the following:
Shortly after the youngster’s initial diagnosis, her mother Rachel Asiimwe Waligwa was diagnosed with cancer and given just two months to live.
The report states that the mother recovered, but Nikita Pearl later developed another tumour, and died at a hospital in Naalya, Kampala Saturday night.
Uganda’s ‘Queen of Katwe’ star Nikita Pearl Waligwa has died, aged 15. She had been diagnosed with a brain tumour.
R.I.P. Nikita. 🌷🌷🌷 https://t.co/kUSXEpg4N6
— Kenneth Olumuyiwa Tharp CBE (@KennethTharp) February 16, 2020
— NBS Television (@nbstv) February 16, 2020
— The Sun (@TheSun) February 16, 2020
Very sad news RIP Nikita xx https://t.co/lwKEVQ2qLf
— Black History Month 2020 (@BhmUK) February 16, 2020
— Daily Mail Celebrity (@DailyMailCeleb) February 16, 2020
DO NOT MISS THIS AWESOME DEAL
To get more information about this article, please visit DailyMail. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Trump makes announcement on possible coronavirus quarantines in 3 states
- REPORT: Legendary country singer/songwriter in critical condition
- VIDEO: Dr. Fauci estimates when social distancing guidelines can be lifted
- BREAKING: China makes admission about coronavirus whistleblower doctor punished by police, who died from the virus
- REPORT: New York nurse shares chilling photo of coronavirus victims to show ‘the ghastly reality’
- REPORT: Major retailer to close all stores in the US to limit coronavirus spread
- VIDEO: 1st person arrested for violating NY’s COVID-19 executive order
- REPORT: Chinese markets still selling bats and slaughtering dogs, cats, rabbits in gruesome market scene
- VIDEO: Mnuchin says when checks from coronavirus bill will be coming
- REPORT: NY hospitals treating coronavirus patients with VITAMIN after promising results