REPORT: Feminists plan rally to support women held in immigration detention centers
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by SANDIEGOUNIONTRIBUNE.COM:
A feminist activist organization fighting to improve what they describe as “inhumane” conditions for women and girls in immigration detention centers is launching a national protest tour in San Diego next month.
The National Organization for Women, also known as NOW, is calling for immigration detention centers around the country to provide women with reproductive health care, feminine hygiene products, and mental health care.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Immigrant families are being inhumanely locked away in horrific and immoral detention facilities in Southern California and around the nation, and women and girls are suffering the most,” NOW’s president Toni Van Pelt, wrote in a statement.
NOW says they’re “launching the ‘Unlock the Future’ campaign” which will consist of a “series of rallies.”
They will also be issuing a “Bill of Rights for women and girls in detention prisons that will be delivered to top level government officials.”
On their Facebook event page, NOW writes:
Thousands of immigrant families are being inhumanely locked away in horrific and immoral detention facilities – and the women and girls among them are suffering the most. Those fleeing to the U.S. are seeking refuge from sexual violence, assault and poverty and they deserve a fair and humane immigration process.
This administration’s reprehensible treatment of immigrants must be stopped. NOW demands that detained women and girls have access to vital human needs such as reproductive health care, feminine hygiene products, and mental health care, among other provisions, while in immigration detention prison.
In response, NOW is launching the “Unlock the Future” campaign with a series of rallies and issuing a Bill of Rights for women and girls in detention prisons that will be delivered to top level government officials. Sign the Bill of Rights today and advocate for reform of the current immigration practices and an end to the current detention prison system.
Three different rallies will be held across three states. Rallies will be held in:
San Diego, CA – 10/6
Houston, TX – 11/17
Phoenix, AZ – 12/8
— San Diego Union-Tribune (@sdut) September 23, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit SANDIEGOUNIONTRIBUNE.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Trump makes announcement on possible coronavirus quarantines in 3 states
- REPORT: Legendary country singer/songwriter in critical condition
- VIDEO: Dr. Fauci estimates when social distancing guidelines can be lifted
- REPORT: New York nurse shares chilling photo of coronavirus victims to show ‘the ghastly reality’
- BREAKING: China makes admission about coronavirus whistleblower doctor punished by police, who died from the virus
- REPORT: Major retailer to close all stores in the US to limit coronavirus spread
- VIDEO: 1st person arrested for violating NY’s COVID-19 executive order
- VIDEO: Mnuchin says when checks from coronavirus bill will be coming
- REPORT: NY hospitals treating coronavirus patients with VITAMIN after promising results
- REPORT: Chinese markets still selling bats and slaughtering dogs, cats, rabbits in gruesome market scene