REPORT: Firm Hired by Ukraine’s Burisma Tried to Use Hunter Biden as Leverage, Documents Show
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WSJ.com:
WASHINGTON—A consulting firm hired by Burisma Group mentioned that former U.S. Vice President Joe Biden’s son served on the Ukrainian gas company’s board so the firm could leverage a meeting with the State Department, according to documents and a former U.S. official.
The documents—email exchanges between State Department staff members made public this week—show that the consulting firm, Washington-based Blue Star Strategies, used Hunter Biden’s name in a request for a State Department meeting and then mentioned him again during the meeting as part of an effort to improve Burisma’s image in Washington.
The article goes on to state the following:
Mr. Biden was appointed to the Burisma board in 2014, when the company and its owner faced allegations of corruption, and he remained there until April of this year.
According to the report, Hunter Biden hasn’t said whether he knew his name was “being used by Blue Star in its contacts with State Department officials on Burisma’s behalf.”
Breaking: Memos detailing Hunter Biden’s contacts with Obama State Department released. VP son’s Ukrainian gas firm pressed US officials to end corruption allegations … just a month before Joe Biden forced firing of prosecutor overseeing case.https://t.co/APtdGUrnxn
— John Solomon (@jsolomonReports) November 4, 2019
Breaking: State Department saw Burisma as Joe Biden’s issue during 2016 election, newly released memos showhttps://t.co/SG62Ip5IMY
— John Solomon (@jsolomonReports) November 5, 2019
CNN’s @BrookeBCNN just interviewed Joe Biden’s senior advisor and failed to ask about today’s Wall Street Journal reporting on a Ukrainian gas company using Hunter Biden as leverage over the Obama State Dept to shut down allegations of corruption https://t.co/600ZIW0HoJ
— Trump War Room (Text TRUMP to 88022) (@TrumpWarRoom) November 6, 2019
“[T]he consulting firm, Washington-based Blue Star Strategies, used Hunter Biden’s name in a request for a State Department meeting and then mentioned him again during the meeting as part of an effort to improve Burisma’s image in Washington.”https://t.co/z8mwTUuA1i
— Steve Guest (@SteveGuest) November 6, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WSJ.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: NFL releases statement on Kaepernick after workout stunt
- BREAKING: Supreme Court Chief Justice announces Ginsburg is ill
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham says he’s “confident” the whistleblower is from the “deep state.”
- VIDEO: ‘Crying like a little child’: Don Trump Jr. rips whistleblower over Clinton loss
- REPORT: Another traveling family attacked by cartel in northern Mexico, one dead
- VIDEO: Democrat against impeachment calls out party for ‘fracturing the nation’ with investigation
- VIDEO: Fox host hits MSNBC for impeachment coverage with George Conway
- REPORT: Michigan county seized retiree’s home over $8 debt – now he’s fighting back
- VIDEO: Former police officer fires back at Joy Behar for suggesting politicians keep gun confiscation a ‘secret’
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts