REPORT: First victim of London Bridge terror attack identified, old Twitter post resurfaces
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by Sky News:
A University of Cambridge graduate who was killed in the London Bridge terror attack has been described as a “beautiful spirit”, as it emerged he ran towards the incident after hearing screams.
Jack Merritt, 25, was a course coordinator at Learning Together, which organised the prison rehabilitation conference attended by Usman Khan before his deadly rampage on Friday afternoon.
The article goes on to state the following:
An eyewitness told Sky News that Mr Merritt ran towards the scene of the attack in Fishmongers’ Hall after hearing screams inside the venue.
In addition to Merritt, Khan, 28, also killed a woman, who has not yet been publicly identified. He wounded three additional people in his stabbing rampage before police shot him dead.
ISIS has claimed responsibility for the attack. Khan was released from prison last year after serving half of a 16-year prison sentence for plotting to bomb the London Stock Exchange. He was still wearing an electronic tag since he was out on probation.
Ironically, an old Twitter post has resurfaced, which Merritt wrote in November 2015. He tweeted, “‘It’s not the refugee outflows that cause terrorism, it is terrorism, tyranny, and war that create refugees.'”
Breaking. Jack Merritt, a Cambridge University coordinator of the Criminal Rehabilitation program held yesterday which hosted (UK) Pakistani Jihad terrorist Usman Khan, has been named as a casualty of the attack. https://t.co/7oApoyaJmX
— David Vance (@DVATW) November 30, 2019
‘It’s not the refugee outflows that cause terrorism, it is terrorism, tyranny, and war that create refugees.’ https://t.co/HnE18wqbPr
— Jack Merritt (@JackmerrittJack) November 18, 2015
— Sandy Rashty (@SandyRashty) November 30, 2019
Just so tragic. The man killed in the attack has been named as Jack Merritt, who was a course coordinator for the prison rehabilitation programme that Usman Khan attended. https://t.co/8EQRUzTKEn
— Sonia Sodha (@soniasodha) November 30, 2019
Deeply sorry to hear that Jack Merritt was murdered in the terrorist attack at London Bridge. I interviewed him at Warren Hill prison about the course he ran for prisoners and university students: https://t.co/Lkdbzjk91S A fine young man, dedicated to improving people’s lives.
— Joshua Rozenberg (@JoshuaRozenberg) November 30, 2019
Jack Merritt has been named by his father as one of the two people killed in yesterday’s atrocities at #LondonBridge
— Cambridgeshire Live (@Cambslive) November 30, 2019
Rest in peace brother. One of the most painful things. Jack Merritt was the best guy. Dedicated his life to helping others, was genuinely an honour to have met someone like you and everything you’ve done for us I’ll never ever forget💔💔💔 https://t.co/zf6fo9oop0
— SANTAN (@Santandave1) November 30, 2019
“My son, Jack, who was killed in this attack, would not wish his death to be used as the pretext for more draconian sentences or for detaining people unnecessarily.”https://t.co/6zevdJHx0J
— Manchester News MEN (@MENnewsdesk) November 30, 2019
Man killed in London Bridge terror attack named https://t.co/yhpCU2nGAR
— Sky News (@SkyNews) November 30, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit Sky News. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘Blood Drained From Adam Schiff’s Face’: John Barrasso Says Schiff’s ‘Parody’ Backfired
- REPORT: News outlet blasted by police for breaking news of Kobe Bryant’s death before family could be notified
- REPORT: Another country offers to pick up Harry and Meghan’s massive security bill
- VIDEO: Chris Wallace confronts Dershowitz over impeachment
- VIDEO: Tucker Carlson: Adam Schiff is turning into a Tom Clancy character
- VIDEO: Angel Mom rips into Biden, Dems over ‘illegal alien criminals first’ agenda
- VIDEO: “God help me, I did it.” Megyn Kelly reveals she complied with demeaning request by Roger Ailes
- REPORT: Republican AGs Say Bloomberg Is Secretly Embedding An Army Of Anti-Trump Attorneys Inside State Offices
- JUST IN: Deadly avalanche barrels down on visitors of US ski resort
- REPORT: Adam Schiff proposes method to overrule Republicans and settle dispute over witnesses