REPORT: Former Bloomberg editor says the news organization should cover Mike Bloomberg’s 2020 bid ‘aggressively’

DECEMBER 1, 2019

Below is a report that DML News gives a 4 OUT OF 4 STARS trustworthiness rating. We base this rating on the following criteria:

  • Provides named sources
  • Reported by more than one notable outlet
  • Does not insert opinion or leading words
  • Includes supporting video, direct statements, or photos

Click here to read more about our rating system.

As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CNN.com:

New York (CNN Business) — Kathy Kiely left Bloomberg News in 2016 over the organization’s strategy for covering its owner, Michael Bloomberg, as he was considering a bid for president.

These days, the former Bloomberg Washington news director said she feels like she’s living in the movie “Groundhog Day.”

The article goes on to state the following:

Bloomberg last week joined the pool of Democratic candidates challenging President Donald Trump in 2020. Soon after his announcement, Bloomberg News Editor-in-Chief John Micklethwait released a memo saying the news organization would continue to report on the 2020 campaign, but would not “investigate” Bloomberg or his Democratic primary rivals.

“We will continue our tradition of not investigating Mike (and his family and foundation) and we will extend the same policy to his rivals in the Democratic primaries. We cannot treat Mike’s Democratic competitors differently from him,” Micklethwait wrote.

To get more information about this article, please visit CNN.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *