REPORT: George Soros praises Trump on one policy move
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Liberal donor George Soros praised President Trump’s policy on China Tuesday and warned against backtracking on it by granting Beijing concessions relating to the telecom company Huawei. Soros urged lawmakers to prevent Trump from using Huawei as a bargaining chip in upcoming trade negotiations.
“The greatest — and perhaps only — foreign policy accomplishment of the Trump administration has been the development of a coherent and genuinely bipartisan policy toward [President] Xi Jinping’s China,” Soros said in an op-ed published Tuesday in the Wall Street Journal, which also commended the administration for listing Huawei as a national-security threat.
The article goes on to state the following:
He noted that the Trump administration has nevertheless allowed U.S. companies to continue to do business with some Chinese government-affiliated companies. “If he gives Huawei a similar break, removing it from the entity list as part of a trade deal, the company could consolidate its leading position in the 5G market,” he warned. Soros urged lawmakers to back an amendment by Republican Rep. Mike Gallagher of Wisconsin to prohibit removing Huawei from the entities list without the OK from Congress.
George Soros backs Trump on Huawei and China policy. https://t.co/QIdtPqqcCf
— mark seibel (@markseibel) September 10, 2019
Democratic Megadonor George Soros agrees with how @realDonaldTrump is dealing with China.
“The greatest — and perhaps only — foreign policy accomplishment of the Trump administration has been the development of a coherent … policy,” he said. https://t.co/BwDHfVkJe8
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) September 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Another royal break. This time it’s Prince William and Kate Middleton, but its not an exit
- VIDEO: Students Who Tried To Kick Out White People ‘Thought They Were Gonna Be Hailed As Heroes’
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- TRUMP: Responds to Barr’s request to stop tweeting about DOJ … in a tweet
- VIDEO: CNN Anchor Tells Nancy Pelosi That Trump Was Acquitted — She Interrupts, Claims He Wasn’t
- REPORT: Iran MP Offers Reward for Killing Trump, U.S. Ambassador Responds
- JUST IN: Major retailer to close 125 stores, shed 2,000 corporate jobs
- VIDEO: Trey Gowdy reacts to DOJ decision on McCabe
- VIDEO: Horrific Dallas street-racing crash kills innocent driver
- REPORT: McCabe laments: ‘I don’t think I will ever be free of this president’