REPORT: GOP Rep. Liz Cheney releases blistering statement on Trump’s Syria move
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Rep. Liz Cheney (Wyo.), the No. 3 Republican in the House, blasted President Trump’s decision to pull U.S. troops out of Syria ahead of Turkey’s planned incursion, calling the White House move “a catastrophic mistake.”
“Withdrawing U.S. forces from northern Syria is a catastrophic mistake that puts our gains against ISIS at risk and threatens America’s national security,” Cheney, a defense hawk who has become one of the leading voices on foreign policy in the Republican Party, said in a statement. “Terrorists thousands of miles away can and will launch attacks against America, as the United States learned on September 11, 2001.”
The article goes on to state the following:
“Pulling out of northern Syria ignores that painful lesson, represents an abandonment of our Kurdish allies despite their vital contributions to the fight against ISIS, emboldens Iran, and serves as an undeserved gift to the Erdogan regime, which has only continued its steady march toward Moscow,” she said, referring to Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
Withdrawing US forces from Northern Syria is a catastrophic mistake that puts our gains against ISIS at risk and threatens US security.
This decision ignores lesson of 9/11. Terrorists thousands of miles away can and will use their safe-havens to launch attacks against America.
— Liz Cheney (@Liz_Cheney) October 7, 2019
Within the last month, ISIS leader Abu Bakr al Baghdadi signaled the start of a campaign to free loyal fighters and followers from prisons and displacement camps, including in Northern Syria. https://t.co/c4CIshko10 pic.twitter.com/sD1cAXQzfY
— ISW (@TheStudyofWar) October 7, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) October 7, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- REPORT: Another royal break. This time it’s Prince William and Kate Middleton, but its not an exit
- VIDEO: CNN Anchor Tells Nancy Pelosi That Trump Was Acquitted — She Interrupts, Claims He Wasn’t
- REPORT: Comey posts message to AG William Barr
- UPDATE: New details about Daytona 500 driver Ryan Newman following fiery crash
- VIDEO: Melania Stuns In Gorgeous Sleeveless Black And White Sundress At Daytona 500 [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: Judges’ association calls emergency meeting in wake of Stone sentencing reversal
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton finally responds to backlash over Sanders remark: ‘I thought…’
- VIDEO: Maxine Waters makes shocking claim that rich donors should influence elections
- REPORT: The New England Patriots Are Reportedly Eying This Quarterback