REPORT: GOP Rep. Liz Cheney releases blistering statement on Trump’s Syria move
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Rep. Liz Cheney (Wyo.), the No. 3 Republican in the House, blasted President Trump’s decision to pull U.S. troops out of Syria ahead of Turkey’s planned incursion, calling the White House move “a catastrophic mistake.”
“Withdrawing U.S. forces from northern Syria is a catastrophic mistake that puts our gains against ISIS at risk and threatens America’s national security,” Cheney, a defense hawk who has become one of the leading voices on foreign policy in the Republican Party, said in a statement. “Terrorists thousands of miles away can and will launch attacks against America, as the United States learned on September 11, 2001.”
The article goes on to state the following:
“Pulling out of northern Syria ignores that painful lesson, represents an abandonment of our Kurdish allies despite their vital contributions to the fight against ISIS, emboldens Iran, and serves as an undeserved gift to the Erdogan regime, which has only continued its steady march toward Moscow,” she said, referring to Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
Withdrawing US forces from Northern Syria is a catastrophic mistake that puts our gains against ISIS at risk and threatens US security.
This decision ignores lesson of 9/11. Terrorists thousands of miles away can and will use their safe-havens to launch attacks against America.
— Liz Cheney (@Liz_Cheney) October 7, 2019
Within the last month, ISIS leader Abu Bakr al Baghdadi signaled the start of a campaign to free loyal fighters and followers from prisons and displacement camps, including in Northern Syria. https://t.co/c4CIshko10 pic.twitter.com/sD1cAXQzfY
— ISW (@TheStudyofWar) October 7, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) October 7, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Poll reveals percentage of Dems who want candidates to discuss Hunter Biden
- DML: First Stop on TEAM DML National Tour announced
- Human waste map reveals major city is largest ‘s***hole’ in America
- REPORT: CNN responds to ‘rumor’ Trump tweeted about network’s Jeff Zucker
- HAPPENING NOW: Democratic candidates debate in Ohio
- VIDEO: ‘Cooper, Your Bias is Showing’: Debate Moderator Slammed For Biden Question
- REPORT: ‘Saturday Night Live’ sees big change in ratings
- BREAKING: Manafort partner describes funneling millions through Cyprus accounts
- VIDEO: Hunter Biden speaks out in exclusive interview, as past business associations come under scrutiny