REPORT: GOP signals unease with Barr’s gun plan
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Senate Republicans are treading cautiously on a background checks plan floated by Attorney General William Barr that has been decried as a “non-starter” by the National Rifle Association (NRA).
Barr floated the proposal to GOP offices on Wednesday as the Senate inches toward doing something on gun control amid growing public pressure created by a seemingly endless string of mass shootings.
The article goes on to state the following:
But Barr was careful to tell Republicans that his memo on background checks, titled “Idea for New Unlicensed-Commercial-Sale Background Checks,” did not have the backing of President Trump.
Barr said he was just gathering ideas, adding, “the president has made no decision yet.”
SCOOP: @dailycaller has the document the White House and AG Bill Barr are circulating to Republicans to push gun control.
The proposed legislation is “consistent with Manchin-Toomey” and would expand background checks to unlicensed advertised sales. https://t.co/k06yH3sTcf
— Amber Athey (@amber_athey) September 18, 2019
NRA execs and allies told The Post today that they are unhappy with Barr’s involvement and the floated memo… https://t.co/2wxHlZXxeS
— Robert Costa (@costareports) September 19, 2019
First, there was the Attorney General meeting with senators, maybe speaking for the White House on gun policy, but ya know, maybe not?https://t.co/D9wRINOuuL
— Niels Lesniewski (@nielslesniewski) September 19, 2019
GOP signals unease with AG Barr’s gun plan https://t.co/JMFo2Lw1lW
— Scott Wong (@scottwongDC) September 19, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Incredible video of undercover officer disarming man who stole rifle from police
- REPORT: Thousands crossing US-Mexico border despite nonessential travel ban, COVID-19 threat
- REPORT: Federal Officers Gunned Down At Courthouse
- BREAKING: Trump calls for delay in G7 meeting, seeks expansion
- REPORT: George Floyd’s family responds to autopsy that says his death was from underlying conditions
- REPORT: News outlet reaches deal with union to save jobs during the pandemic