REPORT: Governor vows to open shelter for homeless after camps in city cleaned up
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) on Thursday announced that the state would be opening a temporary shelter to house the homeless outside Austin after the cleaning up of camps in the city sparked backlash.
The Associated Press reports Abbott said the 5-acre camp will be located 3 miles outside Austin on state land near the airport.
The article goes on to state the following:
The camp will have portable restrooms, hand washing stations and local charities will provide food multiple times during the day, John Wittman, a spokesman for Abbott, told the news outlet.
A coalition called @atxhelps wants to raise $14 million to build and operate a new temporary #homeless shelter. Construction could start by early 2020, but first about an acre of land in downtown is needed. @KoskionFOX7 reports: https://t.co/Zl5buR4bdQ
— FOX 7 Austin (@fox7austin) November 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: NFL releases statement on Kaepernick after workout stunt
- BREAKING: Supreme Court Chief Justice announces Ginsburg is ill
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham says he’s “confident” the whistleblower is from the “deep state.”
- VIDEO: ‘Crying like a little child’: Don Trump Jr. rips whistleblower over Clinton loss
- REPORT: Another traveling family attacked by cartel in northern Mexico, one dead
- VIDEO: Democrat against impeachment calls out party for ‘fracturing the nation’ with investigation
- VIDEO: Fox host hits MSNBC for impeachment coverage with George Conway
- REPORT: Michigan county seized retiree’s home over $8 debt – now he’s fighting back
- VIDEO: Former police officer fires back at Joy Behar for suggesting politicians keep gun confiscation a ‘secret’
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts