REPORT: ‘Hillary Clinton, part two’: Democrats voice concerns about Biden
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire — Democratic activists in the first primary state worry that if Joe Biden is the party’s presidential nominee, he could lose the 2020 election for some of the same reasons Hillary Clinton was defeated in 2016.
Biden, 76, has consistently led the crowded Democratic field in polls in part because voters see him as the most capable of defeating President Trump in 2020. About three in four of Democratic voters considering Biden in the primary say that he is the most likely to beat Trump, according to a CBS poll released Monday. Jill Biden, the former vice president’s wife, explicitly stated that voters should choose him even if they disagree on some policy points because “your bottom line is you have to beat Trump.”
The article goes on to state the following:
But many voters who attended the New Hampshire Democratic state convention were skeptical that Biden was the most electable Democrat, and remember similar claims being made about party establishment figures stretching back to Walter Mondale in 1984 who were nominated and went on to lose.
“Biden is Hillary Clinton, part two. He’s an establishment candidate,” said Katie Pederson, 28, who works for a call center and for Southern New Hampshire University. “I don’t think Biden could beat Trump.”
CLICK HERE to read more of this report by the Washington Examiner.
Some party strategists fear that could easily be the case. https://t.co/rbTZTXR5fJ
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) September 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Another royal break. This time it’s Prince William and Kate Middleton, but its not an exit
- VIDEO: Students Who Tried To Kick Out White People ‘Thought They Were Gonna Be Hailed As Heroes’
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- TRUMP: Responds to Barr’s request to stop tweeting about DOJ … in a tweet
- VIDEO: CNN Anchor Tells Nancy Pelosi That Trump Was Acquitted — She Interrupts, Claims He Wasn’t
- REPORT: Iran MP Offers Reward for Killing Trump, U.S. Ambassador Responds
- JUST IN: Major retailer to close 125 stores, shed 2,000 corporate jobs
- VIDEO: Trey Gowdy reacts to DOJ decision on McCabe
- VIDEO: Horrific Dallas street-racing crash kills innocent driver
- REPORT: McCabe laments: ‘I don’t think I will ever be free of this president’