REPORT: House chair threatens subpoenas if Pompeo doesn’t provide this…
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The top House Democrat is threatening to issue subpoenas for documents and testimony if the State Department does not agree to turn over documents given to the Senate that relate to former Vice President Joe Biden.
House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Eliot Engel (D-N.Y.) in a Thursday letter to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo voiced concern about “partisan misuse” of the agency, alleging that he was helping Senate Republicans take part in a “smear campaign” against Biden. He warned that if he does not receive these documents the Senate has received for its investigation, he will take action.
The article goes on to state the following:
“As the coronavirus spread from overseas and began to ravage American cities, scarce State Department resources were expended on producing documents to advance conspiracy theories damaging for a candidate for president of the United States,” Engel wrote in the letter.
“If the requested documents are not produced in full by the close of business on June 1, 2020, then I am prepared to issue subpoenas for the relevant documents and the testimony of relevant Department officials,” he continued.
Republicans Chuck Grassley and Ron Johnson both asked the State Department to provide documents related to Biden and his son’s work in Ukraine shortly after the acquittal of President Trump’s impeachment.
“The Department has refused to provide the information the Committee has requested, and frequently produced nothing at all, in response to these requests,” Engel said.
He also added that the former State Department IG, Steve Linick, should have investigated the matter before he was terminated by Pompeo.
— The Hill (@thehill) May 21, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘Guardian Angel’ describes violent battle with mob of hundreds of NY looters: ‘We don’t surrender or retreat’
- VIDEO: Footage of 7-year-old girl in Black Lives Matter march goes viral
- REPORT: Graham makes announcement on Russia probe subpoena vote
- WATCH: Woman blasts ladies as RACIST for cleaning graffiti off building in shocking viral video
- VIDEOS: De Blasio drowned out by boos, calls to resign at George Floyd memorial
- REPORT: Charlotte newspaper posts scathing op-ed on Trump seeking another city for GOP convention