REPORT: ICE identifies hundreds of migrants lying about their family status
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DAILYCALLER.COM:
The United States government identified hundreds of migrants allegedly falsely claiming familial status and numerous other migrant adults attempting to pose as minors.
Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and Customs and Border Protection (CBP) in the El Paso area have identified 238 fraudulent families, 50 adults falsely claiming to be minors, and have seized hundreds of documents attempting to support these migrants’ claims, according to an ICE statement released Thursday.
The article goes on to state the following:
ICE’s Homeland Security Investigations, in conjunction with CBP and Border Patrol officials, in April launched the Family Fraud Initiative in El Paso with the goal of identifying “individuals fraudulently presenting themselves as families when making an asylum claim in order to be released into the United States.”
ICE HSI El Paso, USBP identify more than 200 ‘fraudulent families’ in last 6 months https://t.co/20GYptwj62
— Mark Krikorian (@MarkSKrikorian) October 18, 2019
— USCIS Acting Director Ken Cuccinelli (@USCISCuccinelli) October 18, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit DAILYCALLER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- COMMENTARY: Kobach: The Riots Remind Us Why We Need the Second Amendment
- WATCH: CNN’s Jim Acosta Shouts at Trump: ‘Is This Still a Democracy?’
- REPORT: Lincoln Memorial and WWII Memorial among DC landmarks vandalized during riots [PHOTOS]
- BREAKING: Trump approval at Gallup ‘highest,’ better than Obama, Bush
- EXCLUSIVE: Hillary Clinton taunts Trump with two photos, and two words
- REPORT: Trump tells governors on call what they must do with rioters
- REPORT: Facebook employees stage ‘virtual walkout’ over Trump
- REPORT: Actress Hopeful After Protesters Breach Perimeter Near White House
- VIDEO: Democratic congresswoman says she got pepper-sprayed at George Floyd protest