REPORT: Judge hints at letting House lawsuit over Trump tax returns proceed
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A federal judge on Wednesday signaled that he may let House Democrats’ lawsuit over their requests and subpoenas for President Trump’s tax returns proceed.
The Trump administration and Trump’s personal lawyers filed a motion to dismiss House Democrats’ lawsuit in September, arguing that the Democratic-led Ways and Means Committee can’t force the federal courts to take a side in the dispute. The committee filed a brief in response, urging the court to reject the administration’s motion.
The article goes on to state the following:
At a hearing on Wednesday, Judge Trevor McFadden, a Trump appointee on the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, didn’t issue a ruling but gave some of his early thoughts about the parties’ briefs and asked questions about their arguments.
McFadden asked House lawyers “to consider your causes of action” and decide if they would be willing to withdraw some of their counts if he allowed others move forward in order to avoid ruling on things he didn’t need to rule on.
A federal judge said today that he’d like to see if a compromise is possible in House Democrats’ lawsuit seeking President Trump’s long-hidden tax returns https://t.co/bcfgYg2QVp
— POLITICO (@politico) November 6, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: NFL releases statement on Kaepernick after workout stunt
- BREAKING: Supreme Court Chief Justice announces Ginsburg is ill
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham says he’s “confident” the whistleblower is from the “deep state.”
- VIDEO: ‘Crying like a little child’: Don Trump Jr. rips whistleblower over Clinton loss
- REPORT: Another traveling family attacked by cartel in northern Mexico, one dead
- VIDEO: Democrat against impeachment calls out party for ‘fracturing the nation’ with investigation
- VIDEO: Fox host hits MSNBC for impeachment coverage with George Conway
- REPORT: Michigan county seized retiree’s home over $8 debt – now he’s fighting back
- VIDEO: Former police officer fires back at Joy Behar for suggesting politicians keep gun confiscation a ‘secret’
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts