REPORT: Jury finds Mar-a-Lago intruder not guilty of trespassing
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by APNEWS.COM:
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A Florida jury acquitted a Chinese woman Wednesday of trespassing at President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort after she testified she didn’t understand a security guard who told her to leave.
However, jurors did find Jing Lu, 56, guilty of resisting a police officer without violence during her Dec. 18 arrest. The incident marked the second time in 2019 that a Chinese national was charged with illicitly entering Trump’s Florida resort.
The article goes on to state the following:
Prosecutors told jurors that Lu purposely intruded in a “calculated” and “planned” manner. She has been in custody since her arrest because her visa to remain in the United States has expired.
“Officials said last year that during the December incident, Lu trespassed on the resort and was asked to leave by security,” Mercury News reported. “She then returned to the premises and began to take photos when Palm Beach Police Department responded and arrested her, according to Michael Ogrodnick, a spokesman for the department.
“She pleaded not guilty to all of the charges brought against her during her first court appearance in December.”
Mercury also notes that Lu is the second Chinese national who has recently been accused of breaching security at Mar-a-Lago.
“Yujing Zhang trespassed on Mar-a-Lago in March 2019 and was found guilty last November of unlawfully entering a restricted zone and making false statements to a federal officer,” Mercury reported. “She was sentenced to eight months in prison, but left much earlier due to the amount of time she had already served.”
From AP on Twitter:
“A Chinese woman has been acquitted of trespassing at President Donald Trump’s Florida resort but convicted of resisting police. Jing Lu’s Dec.18 arrest marked the second time in 2019 that a Chinese national was charged with trespassing at Mar-a-Lago.”
A Chinese woman has been acquitted of trespassing at President Donald Trump’s Florida resort but convicted of resisting police. Jing Lu’s Dec.18 arrest marked the second time in 2019 that a Chinese national was charged with trespassing at Mar-a-Lago. https://t.co/jfuGIAxnKU
— AP South U.S. Region (@APSouthRegion) February 12, 2020
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) February 12, 2020
Chinese woman not guilty of trespassing at Mar-a-Lago, jury decides https://t.co/0vdRZpO8WF
— Mercury News (@mercnews) February 12, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit APNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Another royal break. This time it’s Prince William and Kate Middleton, but its not an exit
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- VIDEO: CNN Anchor Tells Nancy Pelosi That Trump Was Acquitted — She Interrupts, Claims He Wasn’t
- VIDEO: Students Who Tried To Kick Out White People ‘Thought They Were Gonna Be Hailed As Heroes’
- REPORT: Barack Obama’s childhood home hits the market
- REPORT Here’s what Al Sharpton still owes for failed 2004 presidential race
- REPORT: Border Patrol posts multiple reports of truck loads of illegal aliens smuggled into US [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton finally responds to backlash over Sanders remark: ‘I thought…’
- VIDEO: ‘F—ing Traitor’: Sen. Collins Releases Abusive Voicemails Ahead of Impeachment Vote
- REPORT: CBP Officers Seize HUGE Liquid Meth Load [PHOTOS]