REPORT: Kamala Harris Accuses Trump of ‘Attempt at Committing a Crime’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by BREITBART.COM:
Thursday on MSNBC’s “The Last Word,” Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) argued President Donald Trump was attempting to commit a crime with his threat to withhold funding allocated by Congress for coronavirus pandemic response.
Trump tweeted the threat after it was revealed some states, including Michigan and Nevada, were mailing out absentee ballot applications.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Well, it is yet again at least an attempt at committing a crime by Donald Trump,” [Harris told MSNBC host Lawrence O’Donnell ]. “In terms of the fact that it is a crime, it’s literally a crime. It’s a violation of the United States Code to withhold money from the states in a way that would interfere with people’s ability to vote. So, yes, but then we also know that the president doesn’t seem to be burdened by the laws or following the laws. So, this is nothing — this is nothing new, Lawrence.”
“Mr. President, it is a federal crime to withhold money from states with the purpose of interfering with people’s right to vote,” Harris said in another interview.
She suggested he was attempting to intimidate through tweets and suppress the vote, indications that he is worried about winning the presidential election.
WATCH: Sen. Harris responds to President Trump’s threat to withhold funding from Michigan and Nevada for expanding vote-by-mail access:
“Mr. President, it is a federal crime to withhold money from states with the purpose of interfering with people’s right to vote.” pic.twitter.com/0WqhaJP63w
— MSNBC (@MSNBC) May 21, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit BREITBART.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- POLL RESULTS: How you feel about mail-in voting
- VIDEO: War memorial vandalized with red paint: ‘Whoever did this. Please leave. Today.’ (PICTURES)
- REPORT: Hillary STUNS with Memorial Day message ignoring military and supporting Dem governor
- REPORT: California makes announcement on reopening places of worship, in-store retail shopping
- REPORT: McCarthy yanks endorsement of candidate over social media posts
- REPORT: CNN Commentator: Trump ‘Not Healthy’ — ‘He Is Not Well’ at the Worst Possible Time
- REPORT: GOP Senate chairmen ask DOJ for records on former DNC consultant