REPORT: Kamala Harris aide resignation letter made public
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
An aide to Sen. Kamala Harris blasted the treatment of staff on the California Democrat’s presidential campaign in a resignation letter this month.
“This is my third presidential campaign and I have never seen an organization treat its staff so poorly,” wrote state operations director Kelly Mehlenbacher in the Nov. 11 letter, which was obtained by The New York Times.
The article goes on to state the following:
“While I still believe that Senator Harris is the strongest candidate to win in the General Election in 2020, I no longer have confidence in our campaign or its leadership,” she added.
Mehlenbacher also wrote in the letter:
“It is not acceptable to me that we encouraged people to move from Washington, DC to Baltimore only to lay them off with no notice, with no plan for the campaign, and without thoughtful consideration of the personal consequences to them or the consequences that their absence would have on the remaining staff. It is unacceptable that we would lay off anyone that we hired only weeks earlier. It is unacceptable that with less than 90 days until lowa we still do not have a real plan to win. Our campaign For the People is made up of diverse talent which is being squandered by indecision and lack of “leaders who will lead.” This is unacceptable.
“When morale has never been lower and additional people, even if only three, are laid off and neither the campaign manager or the chair addresses the staff to explain, apologize or reassure us of the decisions being made and the path forward, something has got to give. Presidential campaigns are incredibly challenging work and for good reason. We’re asking people to trust us to look out for them, to have their best interests at heart. Campaigns have highs and lows, mistakes and miscalculations, lessons learned and adjustments made. But because we have refused to confront our mistakes, foster an environment of critical thinking and honest feedback, or trust the expertise of talented staff, we find ourselves making the same unforced errors over and over.”
UPDATE: Michael Bloomberg’s campaign announced on Wednesday that Mehlenbacher has now joined his team as deputy chief operating officer.
— Eddie Zipperer (@EddieZipperer) November 29, 2019
— Melissa Gira Grant (@melissagira) November 29, 2019
There is no surer sign of distress for a campaign than the willingness of staff, donors and supporters to publicly-if anonymously- air their grievances while the campaign is still in progress.https://t.co/goMysPPvc9
— David Axelrod (@davidaxelrod) November 29, 2019
How Kamala Harris’s Campaign Unraveled
“her troubles go beyond staffing and strategy: Her financial predicament is dire. The campaign has not taken a poll or been able to afford TV advertising since September, and it has all but quit buying Facebook ads.” https://t.co/v6VAP4rVWP
— Steve Guest (@SteveGuest) November 29, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) November 30, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Video captures horrifying moment of deadly New Zealand volcano eruption, Americans among tourists trapped on island
- REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
- VIDEO: ‘I Shouldn’t Have Done It’: Elizabeth Warren Apologizes When Confronted About Native American Claims
- REPORT: Biden: ‘Nobody warned me’ about Hunter and Ukraine because Beau was dying
- VIDEO: ‘They’re irrelevant’: Nadler defends not calling Republican witnesses for impeachment
- VIDEO: Graham: We Will End Impeachment Trial ‘As Quickly As Possible’
- VIDEO: Protestor interrupts impeachment hearing, screams at Nadler, hauled out of room
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- VIDEO: ‘It’s Going To Be An Exposé And A Cover-Up’: Tom Fitton Gives His IG Report Predictions
- BREAKING: Chilling new details revealed about Saudi students’ actions before Florida naval base attack [VIDEO]