REPORT: ‘Kangaroo justice’: William Barr slams Obama Education Department
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Attorney General William Barr excoriated how former President Barack Obama’s Department of Education handled accusations of sexual misconduct on college campuses.
NBC News resurfaced an endorsement Barr wrote for the 2017 book Campus Rape Frenzy: The Attack on Due Process at America’s Universities by K.C. Johnson and Stuart Taylor. The book argues that the process of adjudicating campus sexual misconduct accusations created by the Obama administration disadvantaged the accused.
The article goes on to state the following:
The Department of Education, under the Obama administration, “created a regime of kangaroo justice” against those accused of sexual misconduct by “promulgating rules beyond its statutory authority, invoking erroneous data, and fanning the false narrative of ‘rape culture’ on college campuses,” Barr wrote.
Barr said male students had their lives “destroyed” without “any semblance of due process” by campus panels.
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) September 19, 2019
“(Attorney General) Barr strongly endorsed a 2017 book accusing colleges & universities of unfairly punishing male students accused of rape.” https://t.co/AgAvakw57K “President Obama’s Education Department…has created a regime of kangaroo justice” #HigherEd
— Dan Venedam (@DanVenedam) September 19, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Democrat calls for investigation into Elaine Chao after Mitch McConnell campaign boasts Kentucky ties
- REPORT: Poll reveals percentage of Dems who want candidates to discuss Hunter Biden
- Human waste map reveals major city is largest ‘s***hole’ in America
- REPORT: CNN responds to ‘rumor’ Trump tweeted about network’s Jeff Zucker
- HAPPENING NOW: Democratic candidates debate in Ohio
- VIDEO: ‘Cooper, Your Bias is Showing’: Debate Moderator Slammed For Biden Question
- Soros, Pelosi to speak at 3-day ‘Resistance’ conference
- REPORT: ‘Saturday Night Live’ sees big change in ratings
- BREAKING: Manafort partner describes funneling millions through Cyprus accounts
- VIDEO: State poll shows this Dem on top – and she’s not in the race