REPORT: Leonardo DiCaprio releases statement after Brazil president claims he funded Amazon fire
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Leonardo DiCaprio has denied a claim by Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro without evidence that the actor and environmentalist was funding fires in the Amazon rainforest.
Bolosnaro’s claim follows social media posts alleging that the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) had paid for photos of forest fires in the Amazon from volunteer firefighters and then used the photos to solicit donations, including from DiCaprio, according to Reuters.
The article goes on to state the following:
“The future of these irreplaceable ecosystems is at stake and I am proud to stand with the groups protecting them,” DiCaprio said of the Amazon rainforest in a statement posted to Instagram on Saturday. “While worthy of support, we did not fund the organizations targeted.”
READ his full statement in the Instagram post below:
View this post on Instagram
At this time of crisis for the Amazon, I support the people of Brazil working to save their natural and cultural heritage. They are an amazing, moving and humbling example of the commitment and passion needed to save the environment. The future of these irreplaceable ecosystems is at stake and I am proud to stand with the groups protecting them. While worthy of support, we did not fund the organizations targeted. I remain committed to supporting the Brazilian indigenous communities, local governments, scientists, educators and general public who are working tirelessly to secure the Amazon for the future of all Brazilians.
— The Hill (@thehill) November 30, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘Blood Drained From Adam Schiff’s Face’: John Barrasso Says Schiff’s ‘Parody’ Backfired
- REPORT: News outlet blasted by police for breaking news of Kobe Bryant’s death before family could be notified
- REPORT: Another country offers to pick up Harry and Meghan’s massive security bill
- VIDEO: Chris Wallace confronts Dershowitz over impeachment
- VIDEO: Tucker Carlson: Adam Schiff is turning into a Tom Clancy character
- VIDEO: Angel Mom rips into Biden, Dems over ‘illegal alien criminals first’ agenda
- VIDEO: “God help me, I did it.” Megyn Kelly reveals she complied with demeaning request by Roger Ailes
- REPORT: Republican AGs Say Bloomberg Is Secretly Embedding An Army Of Anti-Trump Attorneys Inside State Offices
- JUST IN: Deadly avalanche barrels down on visitors of US ski resort
- REPORT: Adam Schiff proposes method to overrule Republicans and settle dispute over witnesses