REPORT: Leonardo DiCaprio releases statement after Brazil president claims he funded Amazon fire
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Leonardo DiCaprio has denied a claim by Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro without evidence that the actor and environmentalist was funding fires in the Amazon rainforest.
Bolosnaro’s claim follows social media posts alleging that the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) had paid for photos of forest fires in the Amazon from volunteer firefighters and then used the photos to solicit donations, including from DiCaprio, according to Reuters.
The article goes on to state the following:
“The future of these irreplaceable ecosystems is at stake and I am proud to stand with the groups protecting them,” DiCaprio said of the Amazon rainforest in a statement posted to Instagram on Saturday. “While worthy of support, we did not fund the organizations targeted.”
READ his full statement in the Instagram post below:
View this post on Instagram
At this time of crisis for the Amazon, I support the people of Brazil working to save their natural and cultural heritage. They are an amazing, moving and humbling example of the commitment and passion needed to save the environment. The future of these irreplaceable ecosystems is at stake and I am proud to stand with the groups protecting them. While worthy of support, we did not fund the organizations targeted. I remain committed to supporting the Brazilian indigenous communities, local governments, scientists, educators and general public who are working tirelessly to secure the Amazon for the future of all Brazilians.
— The Hill (@thehill) November 30, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Video captures horrifying moment of deadly New Zealand volcano eruption, Americans among tourists trapped on island
- REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
- VIDEO: ‘I Shouldn’t Have Done It’: Elizabeth Warren Apologizes When Confronted About Native American Claims
- REPORT: Biden: ‘Nobody warned me’ about Hunter and Ukraine because Beau was dying
- VIDEO: ‘They’re irrelevant’: Nadler defends not calling Republican witnesses for impeachment
- VIDEO: Graham: We Will End Impeachment Trial ‘As Quickly As Possible’
- VIDEO: Protestor interrupts impeachment hearing, screams at Nadler, hauled out of room
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- BREAKING: Chilling new details revealed about Saudi students’ actions before Florida naval base attack [VIDEO]
- REPORT: New Muslim congresswoman flips after election, now supports anti-Israel boycott