REPORT: Letter emerges from Clapper revealing how he intervened in bid to save McCabe at FBI
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
James Clapper, formerly the Director of National Intelligence, penned a glowing testimonial to FBI Director Christopher Wray in 2018 in an strenuous effort to save Andrew McCabe’s job, calling the fired FBI deputy director a man of “self-effacing humility” and “impeccable integrity.”
The lengthy and apparently heartfelt handwritten letter by Clapper appeared amid hundreds of pages of newly released FBI documents made public through Freedom of Information Act litigation carried out by the left-leaning watchdog Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington.
The article goes on to state the following:
The note from Clapper to Wray, dated Feb. 25, 2018, came the same month that DOJ Inspector General Michael Horowitz completed his investigation concluding that McCabe improperly disclosed investigative information on the Clinton Foundation to the media and misled investigators about it. Then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions fired McCabe on March 16, 2018, just before his retirement was to begin, citing Horowitz’s conclusions.
Clapper, now a strident Trump critic and who served as DNI from 2010 through 2017, was effusive in its praise of McCabe, calling him “steady, straightforward, candid, forthright, and honest” and claiming that the “biased scrutiny” and the “firestorm of criticism” against the embattled bureau deputy “completely unjustified and profoundly unfair.”
The report states that, despite Clapper’s glowing letter, Horowitz concluded that “the evidence is substantial” that McCabe misled investigators “knowingly and intentionally,” and Sessions fired him a month after Horowitz’s investigation concluded, stating that McCabe “made an unauthorized disclosure to the news media and lacked candor — including under oath — on multiple occasions.”
When Andy McCabe fell under scrutiny for his conduct as FBI deputy director, James Clapper came to his defense with a glowing letter of praise.
McCabe was fired anyway. https://t.co/Wc4zYrHxrv
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) September 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- REPORT: House Republican rips witness over gun control law claim
- VIDEO: Joe Biden tells a WHOPPER on gun violence… and no one called him on it
- REPORT: Prison officials reveal ‘fear’ of Weinstein incarceration: ‘He may try to …”
- BREAKING: Trump administration declares emergency due to coronavirus, Chinese furious
- REPORT: Medicaid and food stamps line vanishes as new immigration rules start
- REPORT: Warren issues response to letter from Native American tribes [READ THE LETTER]
- REPORT: CNN report SHOCKS with description of baby who survives an abortion
- JUST IN: Major retailer to close 125 stores, shed 2,000 corporate jobs
- VIDEO: Truck driver performs dangerous U-turn into oncoming traffic on highway, gets arrested