REPORT: Man Accused of Starting Alleged Sex Cult out of Daughter’s College Dorm
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by PEOPLE.COM:
A New York man has been arrested after moving into his daughter’s college dorm room nearly a decade ago and allegedly sexually and psychologically manipulating her friends to create his own alleged sex cult.
On Tuesday, New York federal prosecutors released the indictment against 60-year-old Lawrence Ray for multiple offenses, including extortion, sex trafficking and forced labor. The 22-page document details the system of abuse Ray allegedly used to manipulate his daughter’s friends.
The article goes on to state the following:
In late 2010, Ray moved into his daughter’s Sarah Lawrence College on-campus dorm room during her sophomore year. Shortly thereafter, he began giving “therapy sessions” to his daughter’s roommates to “help them with psychological problems,” the indictment alleges.
Assistant Director in Charge William F. Sweeney, Jr. said the “sessions” became a place for Ray, who “presented himself as the father figure in the dorm,” to condition the girls. Sweney said Ray led “these young adults to become unwitting victims of sexual exploitation, verbal and physical abuse, extortion, forced labor and prostitution.”
Over the summer in 2011, Ray allowed several of his daughter’s roommates to move into his one-bedroom apartment on New York City’s Upper East Side, and through them was introduced to their friends.
Those friends spent more time at the apartment, and allegedly became victims themselves over time, eventually “isolating his victims from their families.”
“For the better part of the last ten years, Ray has continued to mentally and physically torture his victims,” Sweeney said. “There were no limits to the abuse … and there’s no knowing the amount of damage he may have caused them in the years to come.”
Ray is accused of extorting approximately $1 million from at least five victims; forced some victims to perform unpaid labor; and cause at least one victim to engage in commercial sex acts, the report says.
The father of a former student at Sarah Lawrence College has been charged with running a sex cult out of his daughter’s dorm room for nearly a decade, authorities saidhttps://t.co/9zrqZmpiYN
— The Daily Beast (@thedailybeast) February 11, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit PEOPLE.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- VIDEO: CNN Anchor Tells Nancy Pelosi That Trump Was Acquitted — She Interrupts, Claims He Wasn’t
- REPORT: China makes allegation against U.S. over coronavirus outbreak
- OpEd: Bernie Sanders may have just lost Florida to President Trump
- VIDEO: Ex-ambassador responds to Biden’s claim of getting arrested in South Africa
- VIDEO: Cops name ‘extremely dangerous’ twice-deported suspect wanted for cemetery murders
- REPORT: Police told a mother her DNA would identify a dead relative. They arrested her son instead.
- REPORT: Clint Eastwood breaks his silence, makes surprising endorsement for 2020 presidential candidate
- VIDEO: Roger Stone greeted by chant after getting 40-month prison sentence
- TRUMP TWEET: Shares hilarious edited video of himself holding ‘Mini Mike’