REPORT: Man arrested for vandalizing Trump golf course after B&E at Taylor Swift home
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A New Jersey man was arrested Monday night after allegedly doing “doughnuts” on the greens at President Trump’s golf course in Bedminster, N.J.
Richard J. McEwan, 26, was charged with criminal mischief after causing at least $17,000 in damage, according to CNBC. Police say McEwan did doughnuts twice in the last week on two different greens.
The article goes on to state the following:
McEwan was reportedly charged with breaking and entering and trespassing before being released on bond on Sept. 3. Later that same day, the first signs of damage were reported on Trump’s golf course.
“He will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law,” a Trump Organization spokesperson said in a statement to The Hill.
McEwan, from Milford, N.J., was also arrested for allegedly breaking into singer Taylor Swift’s house in Rhode Island.
The Westerly Sun reports:
According to a police report, officers were dispatched to the house [on around 5:10 p.m. after receiving a call from a witness who said a man had jumped the western fence along Lighthouse Road.
Lacey said an investigation determined that McEwan had driven from New Jersey to Rhode Island earlier in the day and parked on Bay Street before walking to the home and jumping the fence. He broke a glass door on the Lighthouse Road side of the home to gain entry and then proceeded to take his shoes off at the door before wandering the house “to find Taylor.”
“A pair of orange shoes were found at the doorway where he broke in. When officers asked him why he wasn’t wearing any, he told them ‘I was always taught that when you go into someone’s home, you have to take your shoes off,'” Lacey said. “He said he did it because it was polite.”
Break-In at Trump’s Golf Course, and Taylor Swift’s Mansion:
A NJ man is accused of going on a spree in two states, including doing doughnuts in his car on the Bedminster, N.J., course and sneaking into the singer’s Rhode Island home.https://t.co/2jNMAVyIQ7
— Clifford Levy (@cliffordlevy) September 11, 2019
Police say the man who “did doughnuts” on the Trump National Golf Course is the same person who broke into the home of Taylor Swift last week. https://t.co/SoVZOD6ZhM
— USA TODAY Politics (@usatodayDC) September 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- REPORT: House Republican rips witness over gun control law claim
- VIDEO: Joe Biden tells a WHOPPER on gun violence… and no one called him on it
- REPORT: Prison officials reveal ‘fear’ of Weinstein incarceration: ‘He may try to …”
- BREAKING: Trump administration declares emergency due to coronavirus, Chinese furious
- REPORT: Medicaid and food stamps line vanishes as new immigration rules start
- REPORT: CNN report SHOCKS with description of baby who survives an abortion
- JUST IN: Major retailer to close 125 stores, shed 2,000 corporate jobs
- VIDEO: Truck driver performs dangerous U-turn into oncoming traffic on highway, gets arrested
- BREAKING: ‘Surgery is imminent’: Fox Nation host reveals she’s getting treatment for brain tumor